What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best way to get from KPWK to Wrigley field

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice on the best way to get from KPWK over to Wrigley field? I'm taking my boys down to see a Cubs game next weekend and was planning to do a taxi to/from the stadium - any better suggestions?

Thanks!

For future reference, in case anyone else wants to try this (it was a lot of fun) :
1. Car (rental or taxi - rental car is cheaper) to Skokie yellow line station
2. Skokie yellow line to Howard Station.
3. Transfer to Red Line and continue to Addison station which is adjacent to Wrigley Field.

Total ground transport time was about 45-50 minutes. Total cost including parking for the car and train tickets for four was about $55.

Brings back childhood memories of the conductor on the PA at every stop saying "No smoking or spitting on the train." Really, I am not making this up..

You can catch the train directly from Midway Airport, as well. The FBO will run you over to catch the train at the main terminal. That will cut the taxi or rental car out of the equation. There are FBO choices at MDW, and they are pretty GA friendly.

And if you stay on the red line for 9 extra miles south, you might get to see real Major League Baseball.

And if you stay on the red line for 9 extra miles south, you might get to see real Major League Baseball.

It was more about seeing a game at a "classic" ball park. If I wanted to see real baseball, I could have just stayed home and gone to a Twins game :p

Ben, I thought we were friends, please do not stop by my camper next year at OSH. Glenn
I didn't even expect the piling on from a twinkies fan, especially this year. In any case, its football season, so I assume we can be friends again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back