What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti-splat Aero.

skycop56

I ordered a kit from Anitsplat aero called the nose job 2. After receiving the kit I decided to leave the nose gear as it was and returned the kit for a refund. Anti splat was courteous and very prompt refunding my money. No questions asked. I will use them again in the future. Antisplataero.com
John Dill

I hope you don’t regret returning the kit. I credit the Antisplat nose kit from preventing a collapsed nose gear when I once had trouble landing because of an aft cg condition and had three ugly attempts with heavy porpoising before I safely landed. This kit, in my opinion, is a must have safety item.

I agree with TankerPilot. When I see builders preparing an A-Model from Van's the first piece of advice I give them is the nose gear kit from AntiSplat Aero. Statistically you will have a safer operation for the unknowns you may encounter that are no fault of your own (weather, runway surface roughness, etc). It is worth your time and far more valuable than the money it costs. We all want to do something to improve our operations, and Alan at AntiSplat does something about it.

Last edited:
I have one on my plane and wouldn’t fly without it. I have the lip skid too and think it is equally as important. I have video of the shaking nose gear. If I didn’t enjoy flying so much I would swap for the newer motor mount with the new front gear suspension.

Ok I have thousands of landings in my RV-6A and the other day landing at our uphill, dippy, muddy, grass strip I got sideways and just about screwed up.
Came in, flew past the muddy spot half way down the runway, powered back, set it down and it didn't stick. Hit the dip in the runway and ended up flying again. Then the porpoise and just about took off again, But, after a couple of bumps it settled down. I got three or four landings out of that one.
It happens!!!!!!
Have to laugh cause my daughter won't even land at our strip. She says it's SCARY!
GLAD I have the Nose-job. Thanks Alan.
Don't know if I needed it BUT, I have it.
My three cents worth Art

Another A model flipped over, this one an RV-6A during takeoff at Richland, WA (KRLD) on April 17, 2022. These folks were lucky.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/277509

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2022/04/vans-rv-6a-n341ss-accident-occurred.html

625dabca1f2ea.image.png

Last edited:
New nose gear design

With the newly designed nose gear now being sold in the kits, you probably don’t need the antisplat reinforcement bar. I am really glad I put one on my 2003 model RV9a (I flipped an RV8 after the nose gear rolled into a tight ball after a bounced landing due to wind shear and a last minute runway change). It was awful. Plane was totaled.

Attachments

• 7FCF1162-1DB3-42F3-9795-7DF157E7E0E5.jpg
    7FCF1162-1DB3-42F3-9795-7DF157E7E0E5.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 141
Given the potential for the Antisplat Nosejob to add a margin of safety to any A model RV I can't see any good reason not to fit it, it's inexpensive, easy to fit an unobtrusive. If it saves my RV9A just once it will be money very well spent.

look at it like insurance, if you need to use it you're glad you had it.

With the newly designed nose gear now being sold in the kits, you probably don’t need the antisplat reinforcement bar. I am really glad I put one on my 2003 model RV9a (I flipped an RV-8A after the nose gear rolled into a tight ball after a bounced landing due to wind shear and a last minute runway change). It was awful. Plane was totaled.

Cal,

Bummer. Hope you were OK and unhurt.

BTW, I fixed your post! ;)

Last edited:
Back