What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 with Dynon Skyview - Flight to The Bahamas

I've had my RV-12 since 2012 and have flown to The Bahamas several times in years past (2014, 2015, 2017). At those times, I was able to enter the airport codes (MYBS, MYBG, MYLS) on the SkyView and fly the magenta line with no problem. SkyView also provided airport information and radio frequencies. A couple of weeks ago I flew to Stella Maris (MYLS) but this time the SkyView did not let me enter the airport code and I had no information for my destination. Thankfully, I had a back-up (WingX) and was able to get the information there. On my return to the US, I contacted both Dynon and Seattle Avionics to find out why the information was not available. I was told that the FAA provides the information for the SkyView and that they (FAA) no longer provides Bahamas information.
My question for anyone using the SkyView is, are you currently flying to The Bahamas and if so, are you using the installed SkyView for navigation?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jorge

Back