What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Illinois/Iowa RV-10

Rob H

Well Known Member
I'm thinking of starting an RV10 build but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm wondering if there are any owners/builders in west-central Illinois or eastern Iowa or a database to search so that I could visit to see one in person. I'm going to try making an EAA meeting in the Quad Cities or Peoria or both next month. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Rob,

There is at least 1 flying in Cedar Rapids and a couple under construction. There are at least 2-3 in the Des Moines/Ames area flying with a few under construction. I just looked at the list and none of these are listed. PM or email me and I'll get you some contact info. If you haven't been before, the annual fly-in at BNW would be great - lots of RVs and a build-assist center hosts it. It's also home of Cleaveland Tools so a great event to attend. Fly-in is a Saturday in late June. http://www.wcaircraft.com/boonervday.html. This not only connects you with relatively local builders, there are usually a few RVs there under construction.

Last edited:
Hi Rob (and welcome)! I'm one of the builders in Cedar Rapids Bob mentioned. Of the 2-3 projects I know of in the area, I think ours is the farthest along (you can sit in it and make airplane noises! :)) but it's still a ways out from actually flying. There is one flying RV10 here at KCID, but the guy isn't always around town this time of year.

Feel free to visit our blog (link below, sorry it's not being updated quite as often these days) or send me a PM if you're interested in stopping out sometime to see the project. I'd be happy to walk you through the build process, set a practice rivet or two, or do my best to answer any questions you might have. Let me know!!!

Cheers!
-Mike

PS- You're also more than welcome to stop by our EAA Chapter 33 meeting this coming Thurs 2/4 at KCID safety center. It's not the biggest or most active chapter in the country (working on changing that!) but there's a few RV-ers that always stop out. I've been to a QC meeting before and they seemed like a great group too!!

Welcome to VAF!

Rob,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

Doug, thanks for covering my six;)

Back