What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best mods for RV7A

KayaRV7A

I'm New Here
About to pickup an RV7A and looking at a few add ons I might need.

It?s already got the ?almost an rv14 seat mod? and I know I wanna install the anti-splat nose reinforcement.

Anything else worth adding on?

Anyone found any type of air conditioning systems for a 7a?

Thanks

If it is a slider, the best mod you can do is the Super Track mod by FlyBoy Accessories. Check out their site and Anti-Splat for other possible mods. I would certainly do the AS nose gear wheel mod to replace the taper bearings with sealed bearings. Also replace the standard AN nose gear bolt with a close tolerance bolt.

IO-390 or better yet IO-540. And don?t forget to stuff the panel with as much useless glass as you can ;)

Add lots of waypoints in the GPS & just go fly it.
Why plan a bunch of changes when you don't even know what you already got.

Best mod is FEWER mods! Remember what Burt Rutan said about additions to airplanes.

Take the item, pitch it up in the air. If it comes back down, it's too heavy!

Best mod is FEWER mods! Remember what Burt Rutan said about additions to airplanes.

Take the item, pitch it up in the air. If it comes back down, it's too heavy!

Mel is spot on.

When I was building I mentioned to someone at Van's that I wanted to build a tip-up taildragger and their response was that that was the lightest combination you could build.

Think long and hard about every thing you are going to add. Don't build a mini-Airbus, which is the fad now days.

Congrats! Best mod? If you don't already have it scheduled some time with a good transition trainer is probably the best mod. Also, maybe a nice set of noise canceling headphones. I second the Supertracks if a slider.

If you are interested in the Antisplat nose job mod, I have a brad new "Nose Job". It's mounted on a brand new nose gear leg with the glass fairing if you are interested (anyone really). Can sell it all or separately too, was about to put in classifieds.

Seems that you are buyer and not a builder. That's totally ok but implementing any mod is much harder for the non-builder. Therefor i would say don't do anything right now. Just go and fly the airplane and figure out over time what you really want to modify.

Back