What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electrical

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Hello Guys
Does anyone know if the shell that makes the C406J , autopilot plug came with the RV-14 wing kit? Plans say to install it but I'm not locating it.
Also I'm planning on the Dynon pitot and did not see provisions for the AOA tubing nor the three wires to control it. Not saying it should be there just asking so I do not duplicate something if I missed it?
Thanks Ron

Last edited:
Ron,
The pitot planned with the kit is the standard Vans bent tube, I believe. If you want something else (like the Dynon) you need to make provisions for that yourself. May need more/larger grommets for the AOA line if you're using that feature, and a couple extra wires for heat (locally grounded). You can probably include these wires in an existing supplied harness. One wire to carry current for heat, one wire for the sense wire if desired.

Thanks Scott
I see that in the plans but was thinking the prototype has a Dynon pitot (looking at photos) and the literature says that the kits will be complete for the Skyview system (and a few other brands) so I thought they might have provisions for the heated pitot that I wasn's seeing.
It's no problem as we have the heated pitot installed in the RV-10 and I installed all that.
Thanks again Ron

Thanks Scott
I see that in the plans but was thinking the prototype has a Dynon pitot (looking at photos) and the literature says that the kits will be complete for the Skyview system (and a few other brands) so I thought they might have provisions for the heated pitot that I wasn's seeing.
It's no problem as we have the heated pitot installed in the RV-10 and I installed all that.
Thanks again Ron

The prototype does have a Dynon pitot, but not a heated one. It is the one for adding AOA capability to Skyview . I don't believe that was going to be standard for the kit.

Update from the factory....

Daryl just emailed me this and asked me to post.....
v/r,
dr
"Van's has been notified of a missing molex connector, ES-00045 one each from the Rv-14 wing kit, pg.17-05/06. Van's will be shipping one each to all customers on record."

Last edited:
Back