What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 27-02 Step 2 AN315-3R Nuts - Wrong ones sent

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Just a heads up - Bag 2704-1 in my fuselage kit contained AN315-5R nuts instead of the required AN315-3R nuts. No biggy, they are for temporary use and I had some hardware store nuts on hand that I could use. I emailed Van's in case this was more than a one kit error.

Good to know there's something up here... I've been searching for these nuts for half an hour now. I don't even have a bag 2704 on my packing list... Of course now I realize this is 11 years later than the OP and it's now page 28iS/U-02 step 2. Good to know they are only temporary, but still, I think I'll send Detective Nancy Baird a note...

Last edited:
Good to know there's something up here... I've been searching for these nuts for half an hour now. I don't even have a bag 2704 on my packing list... Of course now I realize this is 11 years later than the OP and it's now page 28iS/U-02 step 2. Good to know they are only temporary, but still, I think I'll send Detective Nancy Baird a note...

Did you resolve this?- I have exactly the same issue and cannot find these nuts anywhere on the fuse packing list, and no bag 2704 either.

Did you resolve this?- I have exactly the same issue and cannot find these nuts anywhere on the fuse packing list, and no bag 2704 either.

Nancy confirmed they are not on the packing list and suggested contacting support for further information, but since they are temporary, I just used some other nuts and moved on.

In the interest of future builders, I just sent an email to support to let them know to update either the plans or the bill of materials.

In the interest of future builders, I just sent an email to support to let them know to update either the plans or the bill of materials.

Sterling from Van's support said that he would notify engineering that it would be better to reference another nut, like the AN310.

Frustrating

Yes, very frustrated when I cannot find the specific parts referenced in the plans. It’s just not easy for us to get parts…kinda blew me out of the water for the day.

:eek:

Also, make a note: AN525-832R8 shows up in KAI sections 37, 42N, 42P, and 50, but you will not find that part number in your kit or in Van's web store. Instead, they are listed as AN525-8R8.

Back