What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2021 OSH RV Social

Will you attend the 2021 OSH RV Social, if offered?

• I will attend the 2021 RV Social

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • I have attended in the past, but I will not do so this year.

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Go to the ATC tower, walk west on Waukau to the third house just outside the gate.

Flying since '89 but never been to Oshkosh. Planning on it this year. Where is Waukau Ave?

Head south from Homebuilt camping pavilion and it’s the first road you come to exiting the airport grounds. 3rd house on right heading out. If I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Wow. My wife can walk but not far. She has a mobility scooter for these kinds of things. But EAA tells me she can't use hers? She has to rent one on a first come first serve basis? Anyone know why this is?

I'll be there the week prior to help setup the grounds as normal. Now that I'm actually building an RV I'll definitely be there for this.

Wow. My wife can walk but not far. She has a mobility scooter for these kinds of things. But EAA tells me she can't use hers? She has to rent one on a first come first serve basis? Anyone know why this is?
I'm not sure you're talking to the right person at EAA. We looked into this in 2019 because my wife was in the same situation. Bringing your own mobility scooter was absolutely allowed then. We opted to not bring hers and do the rental because we were able to book the rental in advance and since we were flying in with my RV, the scooter alone would have maxed our W&B with no room for any camping gear at all. I'd follow up with someone at EAA familiar with handicap accessibility issues and Americans with Disabilities Act compliance. Also, right on their website, here's what it says at https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan...uest-services/general-disability-information:

On-site Rental
Single-seat personal electric conveyance vehicles, specifically designed for those with disabilities, are allowed on the convention site and can also be rented via Vista Mobility Inc (near the main gate).* For more information on rentals, contact Vista Mobility Inc. at (877) 588-4782 ext. 2 or (262) 677-2696. Also allowed are Other Personal Disability Mobility Devices, such as Segways, when required because of the individual’s mobility disability and when operated in a safe manner, consistent with 28 C.F.R. 36.311(b)(1). Some of the grounds may be difficult for electric conveyance vehicles and wheelchairs to navigate, as they are grass- or gravel-covered.

Last edited:
Survey thread, no need for text. Just judging the beer order. There will be real news soon.

I'm not sure you're talking to the right person at EAA. We looked into this in 2019 because my wife was in the same situation. Bringing your own mobility scooter was absolutely allowed then. We opted to not bring hers and do the rental because we were able to book the rental in advance and since we were flying in with my RV, the scooter alone would have maxed our W&B with no room for any camping gear at all. I'd follow up with someone at EAA familiar with handicap accessibility issues and Americans with Disabilities Act compliance. Also, right on their website, here's what it says at https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan...uest-services/general-disability-information:

That turned out to be it. Contacted them by email, and they assured me she could use her mobility scooter.

My wife and I both got our second Pfizer vaccine a month ago. I've noticed that some posters are declining to go this year because of the large crowds.

I would characterize attendees as reasonably affluent people.

Anyone care to guess what percentage of attendees will be vaccinated by then?

My wife and I both got our second Pfizer vaccine a month ago. I've noticed that some posters are declining to go this year because of the large crowds.

I would characterize attendees as reasonably affluent people.

Anyone care to guess what percentage of attendees will be vaccinated by then?

What days are you going? some of us from glasgow plan to make the trip up!

I will be there with my bells and whistles and possibly a cool new pretty Rim to show everyone to show everyone. Would love ot get feedback from all as this could possibly a Beringer/Ceveland/Matco Alternative. Stay tuned!

D

I would like to attend. This will be my first year at Oshkosh as a RV owner... previously been in the vintage category. I plan on being in the home built camping area this year. Any thing special needed to attend? Or just show up? :)

Back