What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailcone Options and Yaw Damper

1949MGTC

Sponsor
I’ve started work on the Tailcone and was thinking about installing a yaw damper.

Questions

1. Is now the time to install the yaw damper hardware while working on the Tailcone?
2. If I do install the damper now do I have to commit to an avionics manufacturer, Garmin or Dynon/AFS?
3. Are there other options or things I should install in the Tailcone while building it vs. later and fighting to install it?

Thanks
Bill Gardner

1. Is now the time to install the yaw damper hardware while working on the Tailcone?

You can retro it very easily as long as you pre-wire and pre-install the bracket. Took me about an hour to install the servo after flying about 100 hours.

2. If I do install the damper now do I have to commit to an avionics manufacturer, Garmin or Dynon/AFS?

Yes.

3. Are there other options or things I should install in the Tailcone while building it vs. later and fighting to install it?

Nope.

And perhaps a pertinent question - is a yaw damper a necessary or even desirable thing to have on an RV-14?

Dave

Back