What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My new to me RV6A, say hello to Tweety Bird

Jr Hampton

49889106841_c0889c7b85_m.jpg

49889412977_6d0e650b33_m.jpg

After starting a 7A approx 7 years ago and throwing in the towel early, I finally was able to pull the trigger on a flier. 2004 6A. 0320. First time aircraft owner. Now I just need to get transition training. 15hrs of it :). Excited/nervous/ in disbelief I own and airplane now. Anyways condition inspection due in July. So while I wait on transitioning, Im going to rip into her with an A&P and hopefully some help from local FYV guys and get to know every nut and bolt ans system. Wish me luck. Now I get to start really donating to Mr Doug.

Last edited:
Congratulations. You own a time machine! Some of us want to build, some want to fly, some want to or need to do both. Fly often, don?t let it sit!

Thank you builders!!!

Carl

Welcome! I am just finishing my first Condition Inspection. Here is a checklist I used made by one of the very active contributors on this site. It really helped me out. Hope it's helpful you and your Mechanic too.

http://expaircraft.com/PDFgallery.htm

page down to:

Van's RV Aircraft Sample Condition Inspection Checklist

Congrats .. I've been watching Charlie's ad, and it sure looks like you've got yourself a nice airplane.

Congrats .. I've been watching Charlie's ad, and it sure looks like you've got yourself a nice airplane.

Charlie is a character. He held off about 5 other cash buyers as I worked with my bank/insurance and all. I think he really wanted to be able to still see her fly. Everything really just came together on this. Was about to buy a 6A from Delaware, but no hangars here in FYV or close. The city let me take over lease on Charlie's and effectively jump 27 spots on the list.

A really good one......

I watched that plane being built not far from me. Kept up with its progress regularly. Jack was a real craftsman, you have a very, very well built plane.
Good for you !
J.

I watched that plane being built not far from me. Kept up with its progress regularly. Jack was a real craftsman, you have a very, very well built plane.
Good for you !
J.

Im hearing that a lot. You guys are making me feel more and more confident in my decision. Lets just say i bought this on a good feeling about Charlie and at least I did speak to the A&P who has done the CI for the last 9 years. Scary thing, still have not even heard it run. :eek: That's going to change as soon as the spring decides to get to the south again.

Congratulations!!! Way to go. I wondered what ever happened to your project.

Glad to hear you're flying. Sometimes I wish I had gone that route.

Congratulations!!! Way to go. I wondered what ever happened to your project.

Glad to hear you're flying. Sometimes I wish I had gone that route.

Well Hello Gil ! Yes it took me awhile. I threw in the towel early on building. And going to take a while it loks like to find an CFI with 6A to get my 15hrs dual. Especially with this virus. May end up heading to Oregon for a week or so. Hope all is well in TX and with your build. NWA is growing too fast. LOL.

Hello and welcome aboard. You'll love this forum as much as I do !!

Great color, reminds me of my current Bumblebee !

You're just a couple hours away so if you're ever in our neck of the woods you can count on hangar space here by my plane

Enjoy every minute of your transition training. I learned so much during the process of getting comfortable in our 9A and became a better pilot for it.

We have a few extra Card Machine Works hats, one happens to be a standard yellow (looks paler in the picture than it actually is) and the other a very attention grabbing yellow. I'd be happy to send you one if you need it to finish the ensemble. Just send a PM with your address.

i-kqxNGgb-S.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy every minute of your transition training. I learned so much during the process of getting comfortable in our 9A and became a better pilot for it.

We have a few extra Card Machine Works hats, one happens to be a pale yellow and the other a very attention grabbing yellow. I'd be happy to send you one if you need it to finish the ensemble. Just send a PM with your address.

i-kqxNGgb-S.jpg

The right one is exactly the color of my 1966 E100 above !

After the longest Conditional in history.....

It's finally time to fly. Did a lot of work on Tweety. Rebuilt FAB, Installed Crow 5 point harnesses, installed tailbeacon, new plugs<-JESUS they are expensive. Last item on list , transponder check, completed today. During down time made a POH and checklists. Have some speeds to figure out for the POH. 15 hrs transition awaits. Im excited and now NERVOUS :D

Back