What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 14A Finishing Kit Additions/Deductions

77bonanza

I am ready to order the finishing kit for my RV14A and have reviewed a number of threads re finishing kits but did not see anything re additions or deductions.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to additions/deductions. I have ordered the Beringer wheels and know they will be excluded. Thoughts re tinted canopy?

Looking for some good ideas/suggestions.

Thanksl

Tinted Canopy

I too, am at the same stage. Spoke with Van's last week about canopy options. I was informed that they no longer offer the tinted one as an option, but you can still have the UV option. If I remember correctly, Van's said that the tinted canopy is a little thicker, and therefore affecting the proper fit. Maybe someone who has order the tinted canopy can chime in on this. If it is indeed thicker, can the edges be worked to improve the fit? I didn't ask Van's if a tinted one can still be obtained if one insisted on it.

I got my Beringer set from Aircraft Specialty, and I am also considering getting the FWF hoses from them. I have not looked at what to delete for that yet.

I too, am at the same stage. Spoke with Van's last week about canopy options. I was informed that they no longer offer the tinted one as an option, but you can still have the UV option. If I remember correctly, Van's said that the tinted canopy is a little thicker, and therefore affecting the proper fit. Maybe someone who has order the tinted canopy can chime in on this. If it is indeed thicker, can the edges be worked to improve the fit? I didn't ask Van's if a tinted one can still be obtained if one insisted on it.

I got my Beringer set from Aircraft Specialty, and I am also considering getting the FWF hoses from them. I have not looked at what to delete for that yet.

Just to clarify, all canopies from Van's are tinted. The (formally) optional one was a darker tint.

Back