What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS Integrity Setting for Trig / 430W

lr172

Well Known Member
GPS Cerfitification Setting for Trig / 430W

I installed my 430W this weekend and need to finish up the GRT/Trig programming. I need to put a certification setting into the config. I assume this will set the SDA / SIL and other variables. It offers me A through D, if I recall. I am guessing from my research that the 430W would be a "C" but hoping others have done this and know for sure.

Bob, I believe your setup is the same. What did you use for this setting?

Larry

Last edited:
Feel free to call me during the day today to verify on my 182 with this setup, but I also think it is C.

"C" is correct. Reference here is from the Skyview Install Manual, pg 11-19 and 11-20.
"GARMIN ADS-B/ADS-B+: Garmin GNS 400W/500W series (WAAS) or Garmin GTN series, both with appropriate firmware updates as designated by Garmin, connected directly to SV-XPNDR-261/262 pin 3, transmitting at 9600 baud in ?ADS-B+ OUT? or "ADS-B" format. "ADS-B" format only works with SV-XPNDR-261/262 firmware 2.02 and above. "ADS-B+" format requires SV-XPNDR-261/262 version 2.06 or later. With 2.06 or later firmware the format in use will be auto-detected. The original Garmin ADS-B format is not compliant for use after 2020, and may cause compliance failures in the FAA's ADS-B monitoring system, but is acceptable to use until 2020. See SV-XPNDR-261/262 Firmware Updates below for more information about updating the SV-XPNDR-261/262 firmware. Using this setting causes the SV-XPNDR-261/262 to transmit the following ADS-B performance parameters:
 SDA: 2 (Level C integrity) SIL: 3 NACp: Sent from GPS to transponder. Refer to GPS documentation. NIC: Sent from GPS to transponder. Refer to GPS documentation. NACv: 1 (10m/s accuracy)
o TRIG ADS-B (TN70): Must be connected directly to SV-XPNDR-261/262 pin 3, transmitting at 19200 baud. This device is only supported in SV-XPNDR-261/262 version 2.06 or later. See SV-XPNDR-261/262 Firmware Updates below for more information about updating the SV-XPNDR-261/262 firmware. Using this setting causes the SV-XPNDR-261/262 to transmit the following ADS-B performance parameters:
 SDA: 2 (Level C integrity) SIL: 3 NACp: Sent from GPS to transponder. Refer to GPS documentation. NIC: Sent from GPS to transponder. Refer to GPS documentation. NACv: 1 (10m/s accuracy)"

Back