What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help! Pre “89” RV-4 Plans needed !

theduff

Well Known Member
The plans I used to build my 4 are long gone and the replacement set I use (mid 90’s) doesn’t have the detail I’m looking for. On page 30 it shows the detail for attaching the horizontal stab and somewhere around 1990 this detail was changed and doesn’t match how mine was done. If someone could copy page 30 or even the 2 detail sketches it would be appreciated. The change is noted as R1 in the title block on my replacement plans so the sheet I’m looking for would presumably have no revisions noted.

Thanks guys
Duff

Maybe the $10 flash drive from Van's will have the detail you need. I ordered one 1.5wk ago and waiting for it to arrive.

Pre 1989 RV4 Plans

I think I have what you need - my Serial No. was 1136 and the plans (Drwg. 30) came with R1 - Altered Stab Attach 11/83, and R2 (different fastener call out).

Call me (or PM) (559) 816-0433 and tell me how I can help.

David Howe - HFS

RV4 S/N 1136

HR II S/N 002

RV3 Building S/N 11226

Hi David. Just found your post because I'm searching out answers for the same issue on a 4 I'm looking to buy.
Drawings on order from Van's, but sounds like I need to get an older version...
We took the tail feathers off the AC to find what looks like a build that's not to print. Found some poor quality images of older plans that look more like what exists in this AC, but not quite the same. Would you be able to share what you have vis a vis the location of bulkhead 410B (lower) ? Thanks much.

Drwg. 30 - Empenage & Tail Wheel Attach 9-20-82

Here are some pics from that drawing:

HFS

Attachments

• RV4 - Drwg. 30 (Sub A).jpg
    RV4 - Drwg. 30 (Sub A).jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 232
  • RV4 - Drwg. 30 (Sub B).jpg
    RV4 - Drwg. 30 (Sub B).jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 232
Back