What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

control approach pedals

stamper

Well Known Member
Anyone have any comments on the control approach pedals. The people that have it would you do it again. Just curious on the pro's or con's. I do have a set. Thanks

I installed the Control Approach pedals in our RV10. I very much like the quality and ease of install. I am glad I installed them however I am not flying yet. I like the pedals on the Control Approach better then the standard pedal bars, etc.

If you don't install your set I am sure someone would buy them fro you since they are not made anymore (at least that is what I last heard).

If you don't use them...

...I'd be interested in buying them for my 10. PM me if you decide to stick with the stock pedal setup...

I have the pedals and have been flying with them quite a bit - well before it went in for paint. They were very well made and I love a number of things about them:

1) The toe pressure for breaking is a lot more positive than with the stock setup
2) The cylinders are moved to the back of the assembly so there is nothing to get caught on or unsightly to see
3) They move the rudder cable attach points inside the tunnel but use the same attach hardware and style as the original so there is no integrity issues
4) They LOOK like real rudder pedals

The bad things:
1) You can't use the Aerosport spring bias rudder trim system
2) They aren't made anymore - but I believe they are working on a pedal retrofit for the stock rudder assembly.

I would love to get my hands on a set of these, i think someone said it best the stock ones look like they came frm a 1940s farm tractor. i emailed them a while back to find out if they had any left and he said they were working on a redesign. so there is hope for more to come out

Paul from controll approach is coming up to Alaska the third week of May and I am taking him fishing. So I will get the inside scope on everthing and I did talk to him on phone yesterday and he is still going to be getting his new design out shortly. I will make a post the end of May and let everyone know what I find out.

Thread Resurection

Paul from controll approach is coming up to Alaska the third week of May and I am taking him fishing. So I will get the inside scope on everthing and I did talk to him on phone yesterday and he is still going to be getting his new design out shortly. I will make a post the end of May and let everyone know what I find out.

Bruce,

Whatever happened to this? Is there going to be a new round of "Control Approach" pedals? Maybe an updated version that allows use of the rudder bias trim system? Inquiring minds (like mine) want to know.

Mike.
Friend of mine is finishing his 10...he may have the latest control approach kit as he received from Paul in last 6 months or so. They look great. Contact "jearly" on here if he does not chime in to see his install.

I would contact paul directly. I spoke to him a month or so ago and I have seen his latest version and it looks great. I did end up with a set from Paul a year ago and installed them. Not yet flying, but contact Paul he is a great guy with a great product.

Not flying yet but did get a set from Paul last winter... top notch quality, good guy too. I believe he is working out design issues that will allow a bit more ease in production... instead of being more one off.

Not flying yet but did get a set from Paul last winter... top notch quality, good guy too. I believe he is working out design issues that will allow a bit more ease in production... instead of being more one off.

Could you send me a PM with his contact information? Thanks.

I bought a set of pedals from Paul at the end of 2014 that was part of what was to be a start of a new design and new production run. As some said, this was supposed to be a restart of production for him.

[email protected] is the e-mail I used. He was very responsive. I have not talked to him since January of this year once I had them installed.

I am two years from flying so cannot provide feedback on the usage, but they look really good and the fit was excellent during the assembly.

E

I bought one of the new design sets last year. They cost a pretty penny but the quality, function, and looks are worth it in my opinion. Not flying yet either but very happy I scored a set. I used the same email and had quick response from him.

I just e-mailed their "info" email (listed on their web site) and received a response within a few hours this weekend. No indication of a release date, but Paul did mention they are "making final progress" toward a new pedal system.

Sounds like 6-Cyl P-Mag

Hate to say it, but I've been talking to Paul since Jan 2014. Even gave him feedback on the retro model. He's been at the "Just working out the manufacturing issues and are about to release" point for almost two years. I gave up and went in another direction. If they ever do ship, maybe I'll buy a set.

Last edited:
Back