What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

There the same day

Eddie,

I flew into Wagga that day also and remember your RV being there. You may have seen mine an RV-7a in Red/white and black also though didn't get a snap of mine that day.:)

Happy flying,

Greg Blakey (VH-VGB)

Getting ready to take some Canadian friends for a flying tour of Fort Worth. Need to stop flying long enough to get permanent N numbers painted on!

http://

1zck39w.jpg

For those of you in the middle of winter in the Northern Hemisphere, here is a shot of my RV7A off for a summer flight here in New Zealand.
I thought the reflections off the fuselage while the plane was in the hangar door were worth capturing.
The plane is painted, not polished metal.

zkjlt.jpg

Jim Talbot
RV-7A ZK-JLT
Tauranga
New Zealand

If I had to vote, I would call this the winner........... except for the size, this is the perfect picture. It has a theme and the owner took the time to close the canopy and line up all the surfaces.
............. just Amazing!!!

I would like to see more shots of the painted RV.

On the Nose

My daughter took this shot one day while at the hanger. She has an interesting eye for photography.

21p027b.jpg
[/IMG]

Pat Garboden
RV-9A
N942PT
Ready for inspection

Eddie,

I flew into Wagga that day also and remember your RV being there. You may have seen mine an RV-7a in Red/white and black also though didn't get a snap of mine that day.:)

Happy flying,

Greg Blakey (VH-VGB)

Hi Glen,

Yes I did see your RV, I was hoping you'd show up so we could chat, perhaps next time around the patch, I'll re-focus Anne-Marie, my chief photographer :) next time.

Cheers

Beautiful shot!

Someday I'd like to see an all metal RV. I can't imagine how cool one would look with polished aluminum HS/VS fairings, wing/fuse fairings, gear fairings, wheel pants, wing/rudder/elevator tips and cowl done in aluminum.

Anybody done this?

I seem to recall one plane with all the fairings done in alum, but dont think I have ever seen a cowling.

Would be cool to see though I sure wouldn't want it for my own, HATE polishing metal.

Greg Halvorson in PDX did a polished RV-6 with a metal cowl. For all of the work it looked pretty good. Maybe he can post a pic...

How do you get it looking so perfect (for polished aluminium)? I can imagine you wearing surgical gloves and mask during assembly. Envy is wrong but I am just that

Last edited by a moderator:

This is my grandson pointing to the sky! Pawpaw, pawpaw. He thinks every plane flying over is pawpaw.

Dan Peeler
RV7A

Last edited:
The Tiger flies!!

Just got the testing out of the way. Ready to fly...

8613688649_9442f9654c_z.jpg

UK
A little light on background, but what the ****!!

If I had to vote, I would call this the winner........... except for the size, this is the perfect picture. It has a theme and the owner took the time to close the canopy and line up all the surfaces.
............. just Amazing!!! QUOTE]

The`Phantom RV' gets my vote too. What a great photo!

unclelar

That's really cool. I did the same thing on the inside of a door on one of my aircraft. For those who don't know, there is an instructional video on how to do this on the EAA Website. I used a Scotch Brite Roloc Wheel from Spruce. You can also use a tinted clear coat paint that colors it but lets the swirls show thru. It really looks great with the color added. You can find the tinted clear coat at hobby shops like Michaels.

I seem to recall seeing it before, and the engine was a Corvair.

Could be wrong, many brain cells fading........

Try, try again ;)

Hey Jim,

Try PhotoBucket.com to "host" your pix. At the top of the PhotoBucket Home page, select "Library", then click on the pix you want to post, then on the right side of the screen LEFT click on the area to the right of "IMG code". Then put your cursor in the VansAirforce window that you're posting to, THEN hit "Ctrl V" (or right click in the Vans window and select "Paste".

All this takes about 10-12 seconds - way faster than it takes to read these instructions. Once you've got the hang of it - you'll smile at how a 5th grader is so much smarter at this than we are ;)

Good luck amigo!

Back