What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TCW Safety-Trim mounting

TX7A

Well Known Member
I have the TCW safety trim system & I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out where to mount the box.(6.5"x2.5"x1.5" approx.)
http://www.tcwtech.com/Safety-Trim Page.htm

The problem is that it needs to be accessable since there are a couple of pot adjustments on it and a 15 pin dsub harness on one end.
I'm about out of subpanel space.
Anyone have a good setup? Maybe on the forward side somewhere?

Trim switch is forward, trim motor is aft - it can go anywhere in between. How about the flap motor area? Wiring is easier to run in tight spots than mounting components.

Yea, that box just seems way bigger than it needs to be!

I mounted mine between the seat ribs on the pilot side. I stuck mine to the floor with double stick tape and placed it far enough forward to access the adjustment pots from the side with a small screwdriver. The connector end is facing towards the front of the airplane.

I can take a picture tomorrow and post it if you want.

Yea, that box just seems way bigger than it needs to be!

I mounted mine between the seat ribs on the pilot side. I stuck mine to the floor with double stick tape and placed it far enough forward to access the adjustment pots from the side with a small screwdriver. The connector end is facing towards the front of the airplane.

I can take a picture tomorrow and post it if you want.

That may be the best place I've got, Kelley. I'll check-out my wiring situation on that idea. (Spar wire holes filling up fast!)

Thanks!

PS: Looks like you're real close to first launch. Good luck!

Here's mine

The DB connector is out in front of the rear seat pan and I drilled two holes in the proper location for the pot adjustment. I forget just what size but I found two plastic hole plugs to keep trash from falling in. I suspect a piece of electrical tape would work just as well.

Haven't flown yet but it all works as advertised.

02-02-10-07.jpg

Back