What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DOUG, Please..........

and while you are at it...

how about updating it with new pics every couple hours or so so the real hard core addicts can keep getting a new fix?

desktop icon

I guess this is as good place as any to ask this dumb question. Can I put a VAF icon on my desk top.

I have just added it to my post "RV-3 Build Sites" which is a "sticky" in the RV-3 forum.

Last edited:
I have just noticed that these are old posts except for the one before my last post. [Homer Simpson] Dooooooh [/Homer Simpson]

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication which is a feed format used to provide updates from Blogs etc.

Last edited:
I guess this is as good place as any to ask this dumb question. Can I put a VAF icon on my desk top.

Yes, though you may have to work a bit. I don't think Doug has left us any suitable graphic, so you will have to create your own. Not a bad idea, but I just keep a bookmark on my browser.

Sure

Assuming Vista or later -

- Use the snipping tool to snip the logo from the page.
- Google "turn a png into an icon". Several sites will come up. I picked the first listed to convert it to an .ico
- Copy the address from the address bar ( http://www.vansairforce.net/ )
- Right click on the desktop.
- Select "new" then "shortcut".
- Paste the address you copied in the "Type the location of the item".
- Click next.
- Name it ( I named mine VAF)
- Click finish
- Right click on the newly created shortcut
- Click "Properties"
- Click "Change icon..."
- Click "Browse"
- Browse to, and select the icon you created.
- Click "Ok" then "ok" again.

You have a link to VAG with a VAF logo on your desktop.

Back