What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x Touch and OS 9.00

Chalkie

I have a G3x Touch with the latest software 9.00 in my recently completed RV-9.

When it came to setting up fuel quantity indication (I have capacitance plates and Dynon capacitance to voltage converters) I tried to calibrate the system in Ground mode because that is where pre-flights are done. (Wrong move according to G3xpert@garmin) the system allowed Tank 1 (LHS) but would not allow calibration of Tank 2 (RHS) in Ground mode.

So I lifted the tail to Flight mode and calibrated the Tank 2. Next boot up... EIS Configuration Error warning.

Emails to G3xpert still ongoing, no answer yet. Today I deleted all calibration data, now unable to calibrate Flight mode at all (as required by manual Rev AP page 35-173) and Ground mode not accessible at all. One step forward, two steps back...

In setup mode: calibration: "Configuration Error" announced, 0.0 fuel entered with 0.666v but no "Enter" or "Calibrate" icon and no boxed data in RH screen and no graph point generated.

Anybody else with issues with Garmin G3x OS 9.00 ??

G3x Touch sensitivity

Finally Garmin came up with a solution...

Problem was finger trouble on my part all the time. OS 9.00 is fine.

Totally unrelated setup caused the problem: I ASSUMED RPM 1 was the LH Mag and RPM 2 was the RH P-Mag... BAD ASSUMPTION. Only one RPM input was P-Mag to RPM 1.

Setup corrected, ALL is OK.

Thank you G3xpert at Garmin.

Back