What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternative Silicone Intake Gaskets

flyingriki

Well Known Member
I'v been asked to limit my purchase of gaskets to the first 100 since the other fellow wants to add it to his handicapped daughter's product list selling through ACS and maybe others. Can appreciate his testing for that process. Should you prefer to go that route you can opt out as the following will fine tune the list of final interest.

I'm not testing, nor am making any assurances other than they are being made to the specs previously outlined and it's up to me and you to try them and determine suitability for our applications.

Without making anything other than a set for myself, plus sending a few bucks to Doug when all are mailed out, the shipped cost is $25 for 4 and $35 for 6. Those that asked for two sets please be satisfied with one set as many have asked for them. Should the list thin down this will change. Last guy on the previous thread was tomhanaway. If you want to wait, the price may well get a couple bucks cheaper when, and if, commercially supplied in higher quantities.

Please email me, PMs would max out pretty quick, and confirm 4 or 6 requested, some verbiage that you understand this is a non commercial transaction that we are all trying them out to see if it's a better application and I'm not warranting or guaranteeing anything other than the specs I've posted. Include your mailing address. I'll respond with mine for payment. I can use Paypal but add a couple % for the fee if you need to use this. There is NO margin in this, I'm making one set and some contribution to the web site......

Should have them late next week or the following Monday and will ship in padded envelopes regular mail for about $3.20, since I was shamed into not using $5.60 Priority Mail from USPS.....;)

Hope this all works out for us. A lot of folks have helped me over the years and paying back anything is a pleasure.

44 spoken for, many paid. Need to finalize serious interest this week then will start on the waiting list.
Thanks.

Came in this afternoon. Will get envelopes tomorrow and start addressing tomorrow night. Hope to mail out Monday.

Details matter.

The title of this thread is "silicone" gaskets.

If they are really silicone, would someone please drop one in a glass of 100LL overnight and then see if it is the same size in the morning.

Silicone does not usually play well with fuels.

If they are NOT silicone, then be more specific about the material and change the title of this thread.

Fluorosilicone

I think they are actually fluorosilicone, which is greatly more resistant to avgas.

My experience with 'silicone' rocker cover gaskets has me questioning if this is a intake tube gasket or a intake tube hose...? Picture?

Back