What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finding Relevant AD's &SB's

lr172

Well Known Member
I am rebuilding an O-320B1A manufactured in the late 60's.. All my block and cylinder work is done. I would like to review and comply with all the applicable AD's and possibly SB's before assembling it. All the SB's related to the block and crank were completed when the machine work was done by ECI.

Is there an easy way to find AD's and SB's applicable to this engine? The lycoming site only lists SB's back to the mid-90's. I found a post referring me to all AD's on an FAA site, but it is a lot to digest to find what is relevant to my engine.

AD's, go to the FAA's website.

SB's, you need all the paper SB's from Lycoming by buying the subscription.

If you are doing this yourself, see if you can create a relationship with a local engine builder/overhauller. They'll have all that data as a matter of course, and can also provide you with some of the hardware you'll need as you move forward. They'll make a little money off you, and you can use them for the data you need.

Check with the Iowa guy building his 320. I sent him my list. Have copies of those if it helps. Bob's right, to get the compete list you needa subscription or, as also recommended a friendly A&P with one to mooch off....

Check with the Iowa guy building his 320. I sent him my list. Have copies of those if it helps. Bob's right, to get the compete list you needa subscription or, as also recommended a friendly A&P with one to mooch off....

Do you know the User Name of the Iowa guy? Would you mind sending me your list? I'll PM you my email address.

Larry

Back