What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Specialty

DarylT

Well Known Member
I want to thank Steve at Aircraft Speciality for a great product and excellent service.

He has a product that really gives a nice finish look for your flap control toggle switch. I was looking for the wide paddle style switch and this one even comes with a labled face plate as well. I was able to remove the labels I was using as the face plate gives the name and position of the flap handle.

I had emailed Steve to find out the dimensions of the face plate and he said if I was to order and was not happy he would take the product back and refund my money. What more can you ask for. I placed my order and it showed up 2 days later. Thanks Steve!

FinishKit%20941.jpg

FinishKit%20942.jpg

Steve's customer service is second to none. He made switch and breaker
name plates for my RV3 with excellent results.

Jim Miller

Steve is working hard to build his business. He is an RV10 builder, as well as some other things. He and I have worked together on a few projects, and I found him to be a honest and upstanding guy. Guys---he has a CNC machine :D
I think he will soon be an advertiser here on VAF.
Tom

Flap Switch Handle

Nicely made piece of hardware!
Not one but two set screws for a positive lock on the polished toggle switch handle.
Although my toggle switch rotates like most, I have not seen the flap switch rotate in about 3 hours of flying. I pretty much actuate the flap switch without looking at it and the flat surface gives me a positive feed back on what I am touching.

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

Flap handle

Hi gang, I ordered one of Steve's flap handles. It arrived quickly and I'm really pleased with the quality.

I've installed it to the left of where my throttle will be. I hope to be able to operate the flaps with my hand resting on the throttle and my thumb on the flap switch.

Cheers, Terry.

Thank you all for the kind words. We have been working diligently trying to keep our website up to date, but even more importantly to keep improving on our product lines. We have been a bit lax on getting customer images up, because we have been so busy, but we want to share the following.

A few new items that are worth mentioning are:

1. We now offer Red, Black and Blue color fill for fuel cap engraving per customer requests. In addition, we still offer engraving for most models of aircraft fuel caps. If you are looking to have your Newton or Andair caps engraved, you have come to the right place. And we have a very easy ordering form.

2. We now offer custom engraved and powdercoated aircraft chocks.

3. We offer full service instrument panel CAD design, CNC cutting, powdercoating, and screen labeling....all in once place. Our prices are extremely competitive. We are multiple time aircraft builders, and we strive to provide incredible value and products to our customers.

Thank you all for the support, and we look forward to continuing to earn your business.....

Steve

P.S. Don't forget to clear your browser cache in order to make sure all our new products display.

wpdffa1cb2_06.png

wpeae28049_06.png

wpe70049a8_06.png

6fbf731520f5.jpg

Last edited:
Back