What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Merritt Island

TJCF16

Well Known Member
I am planing a trip to Merritt island Friday the 27th. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and if there is any hanger space available. Maybe make a change and go to space coast regional. we will be leaving the plane for 8 days. Any advice would help.

I?ve parked at Merritt a couple of times. No hangar space, very lax security, and lots of foreign speaking flight training going on. I never had an issue, but last time I was over that way to visit I used space coast. Merritt is right on the water and as a result, your plane will be covered in salt film overnight. Space coast may have short term hangar space. Give them a call. They have lots of parking and good security.

Overfly the Shuttle Landing Strip

Haven?t done it in a few years, but some of us have flown RVs over the Shuttle Landing Strip at KSC. Flying southbound down the coast from New Smyrna, under/away from Orlando Class B, call the tower at the Shuttle Strip and request a low approach. Can?t land and can?t go east, but it has worked to get permission for a low approach....

Carl

Back