What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need input from Android users about Foreflight Web

cccjbr6

Well Known Member
The only reason I keep an iPhone is because of Foreflight. I need a new phone and I wonder if Foreflight Web has enough capability on an Android phone to consider making that switch. Would you Android users of Foreflight Web share your thoughts?

Chris -- Have you tried Garmin Pilot? I switched when I started flying the G3X Touch and really haven't had a need for Foreflight .. didn't even renew my subscription this year.

The only reason I keep an iPhone is because of Foreflight. I need a new phone and I wonder if Foreflight Web has enough capability on an Android phone to consider making that switch. Would you Android users of Foreflight Web share your thoughts?

Not sure Foreflight Web works on any mobile device. Have not tried it on an Android device but it will not work on an iPad or iPhone.

Not sure Foreflight Web works on any mobile device. Have not tried it on an Android device but it will not work on an iPad or iPhone.

I regularly use FF Web on my iPad, and very occasionally use it on my iPhone.

I regularly use FF Web on my iPad, and very occasionally use it on my iPhone.

Here is what it looks like on my iPhone. My iPad does the same thing.

Image-1.jpg

Press and hold the reload button, and choose ?Request Desktop Site.?

Have you tried FltPlanGo? It'll do 95% of what Foreflight does but admittedly isn't as intuitive to use. But for the price (free) it's certainly worth a try.

It is more about the browser capability than the operating system and should work fine on Android but won't be much good while flying.

Press and hold the reload button, and choose ?Request Desktop Site.?

Thank you for the tip, it worked on the iPhone and I will try in on the iPad.

Have you tried FltPlanGo? It'll do 95% of what Foreflight does but admittedly isn't as intuitive to use. But for the price (free) it's certainly worth a try.

Have tried FltPlanGo on my iPad for planning trips and it could take the place of Foreflight for me but have not used it in the air or flown an actual trip with it. IF Boeing makes changes to the way Foreflight works or raises the price, FftPlanGo could end up being my go to app.

Back