What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 wheel base

Does anyone know what the width is on the fuselage with gear installed? I need to be able to get my project out of my workshop through a set of double doors when completed. I had no problem with my RV-8 and RV-7A.
I would like to be able to roll it out on the wheels but if I have to I could remove the wheels and get help to carry it out I guess.

Not to be picky, but that is usually called track, not base.

Sorry, I do not know what the figure is, but considering it sits higher than a 9, I suspect it will be wider.

The RV-10 is 8'. I'm sure that the 14 is a little smaller, but I wouldn't think too much smaller. I wouldn't be optimistic, unless you have some really wide doors.:D

Drop Van's an email and ask them to measure.

bob

wheel track

Can the completed fuselage be removed through an appropriate width opening without landing gear and then the landing gear installed after removal through the door.

Wheel track width

over 8' along with the profusion past the wheel the wheel pants mount to. Once your landing gear is on, it will be far to heavy to carry out from anywhere!

The 3-view on the plans for the RV-14A shows 87.9" (about 7' 4") from the centerline of the wheels. So add to that the dimension from the wheel center to the outside edge of the wheel pants on each side (or remove them to get it out the doors). I'm not that far along, but I'm guessing you need to add a foot to that dimension at least. Maybe only 8" to 9" without the wheel pants.

Chris
--

Back