What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust issue install solved with 14A

Bernard Hartnell

You my have an issue installing the Y part between the donuts and the exhaust channel and bottom cross piece that is on the bottom edge of the forward channel and fire wall. In addition you will run into the fuel fitting and a host of other stuff that you have already installed when trying to put it through from the front to the back.
Solution:
1. Pull tail down with wts.
2. Place a jack under engine, carful to spread pressure with a small board under engine. Run a 2x4 between floor jack and engine and raise until nose wheel is just off ground.
4. Undo the castle nut and cotter pin and pull horizontal bolt from strut under donut. It will slide out easily. Do not mess with nut on top of donuts.
5. Swing donut assembly forward and slide Y pipe into place.
6. Replace bolt and nut and cotter pin, and problem solved with ease!
Now on the the next thing. The vans instructions just say, "install exhaust". That is not enough instruction from my perspective here. I shared my result with them and perhaps they will change the instructions. They are very good with updates like this!
Bernie

Last edited:
Back