What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yaw Damper

Brent 801

I see provisions in the wiring harness for a yaw servo. Is there really a need for one in a RV-14? My 8 flys just fine without a yaw damper or even a rudder trim tab.

I would certainly consider a yaw damper in the RV-10 but see no need so far (40hrs) in the RV-14A.

I have AeroSport's biased spring rudder trim installed in my RV-14A and had the electric rudder trim (servo driven tab) in the RV-10. I like the biased trim and did not have to modify the rudder for the trim tab like I did in the RV-10.

I have AeroSport's biased spring rudder trim installed in my RV-14A and had the electric rudder trim (servo driven tab) in the RV-10. I like the biased trim and did not have to modify the rudder for the trim tab like I did in the RV-10.

Thanks, Ron. I wasn't aware of AeroSport. This looks like a great (simple/inexpensive/low maintenance) way to get rudder trim.

They have some cool stuff for the RV-10. Hopefully they will add more products for the -14s!

Chris
--

Back