What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kiddie Booster Seat for RV-7 & 12

JPalese

Well Known Member
My 4 year old grandson's car seat is WAAAY to big to fit in the RV-7 or 12.

Anyone know of a kiddie booster seat that will work with the 5 point harness in these airplanes?

I've had pretty good luck just using an off the shelf car booster seat in my -4, without the 5th attach point. It's small enough to just sit on the cushion, & the 4 pt harness works normally on the kid. Do you really need to use the 5th point if you're giving a ride to a 4 year old?

Evenflo Amp boosters work well with 4 points in my 10. I haven't tried a 5th point with them. It seams that the booster would redirect the 5th point enough to make it a liability--the booster works quite well to get the lap and shoulder belts oriented correctly.

Guy

Regular carseat

I use my daughter's Recaro Pro Ride carseat in the airplane. She is currently 3. The only downside is that the seat is heavy. I remove the seat back cushion and stick. To buckle it in, I run the lap belt through the carseat and then connect the top anchor to the should harness. It gets her up several inches which allows her to see out of the cockpit, which she really likes. The carseat is high enough it leaves me plenty of shoulder space as well. Here is a recent pic.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hefiCgFEwltYuLHt2

Back