What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training Alabama or ATL

FlyArmy

Well Known Member
Hello all, I am buying a flying -8 and need some transition training. I live in the Fort Rucker/Dothan, Alabama area but go to Peachtree City/Atlanta sometimes. Anyone able to accommodate (or know of anyone who could) a short notice weekend of transition training? I talked to Vern and don't think that will work out and tried contacting Kent G but so far have been unsuccessful in reaching him on email or phone. Any others out there?

Thanks much!

Ryan McQ

Thanks for the reply. I saw he has a -6a earlier when I was trying to diligently use the "search" function and was concerned he wouldn't do transition training in a tailwheel, which is what I need. I'll see if I can contact him to find out.

Sorry guys.

No -6 and no access either. Kent's work sometimes makes him difficult to catch but IMO, your best bet, other than Jan Bussell in Orlando, who has both a -6 and -6A.

Best,

RVT in tailwheel

Hello all, I am buying a flying -8 and need some transition training. I live in the Fort Rucker/Dothan, Alabama area but go to Peachtree City/Atlanta sometimes. Anyone able to accommodate (or know of anyone who could) a short notice weekend of transition training? I talked to Vern and don't think that will work out and tried contacting Kent G but so far have been unsuccessful in reaching him on email or phone. Any others out there?

Thanks much!

Ryan McQ

If it does not work out with Jan, I have an opening next Sunday January 15th and Monday 16th. I know I'm not in Alabama or Georgia but if you need it I'm here.

www.RVTraining.com

Best
Alex

Flt. Tng.

Keep trying Kent Gorton. He flies for one of the Airlines and is gone 3 or 4 days out of the week.

He checked me out in his -6 before my first flight in my -8. I flew in the right seat to more aproximate the left hand throttle and right hand on the stick of the -8.

He will also check you out in aerobatics if you need that.

You will be able to step out of his -6 and into your -8 immediately.

I highly recommend him.

Back