What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wife does not like stripes

A5555

Well Known Member
5 yrs ago I painted the airplane. I was working late and I needed to begin the stripes with something so I chose a simple angle and moved on. when my wife saw the plane see immediately said I don't like how the stripes begin on the cowl. she usually says that now each year. whatever you do, don't begin the stripes like I did.

IMG_20160120_123335.jpg

Last edited:
I showed the picture to my wife, and she agrees with your wife, so your wife is right.

When the time comes to paint my RV I think the whole family is going to decide the design! But it is going to be red, that part is already decided.

p.s. my wife says you should have continued the angle from the top stripe through the bottom stripe and maybe curved it up a bit.

Last edited:
This is how my painter did it

Another idea to end the stripes.

It looks like the rudder pattern.

Attachments

• RV7A_PG_007.jpg
    RV7A_PG_007.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 143
  • RV7A_PG_008.jpg
    RV7A_PG_008.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 128
  • RV7A_PG_004.jpg
    RV7A_PG_004.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 126
Wife approved

I was going to have a fancy scheme, checkerboards etc. and my wife said keep it simple. She picked this scheme:
view

Works for me:)
Figs

I was going to have a fancy scheme, checkerboards etc. and my wife said keep it simple. She picked this scheme:
view

Works for me:)
Figs

yeah, I should have tapered the beginning edges of the stripes more than I did. yours look better.

I showed it to my wife and she said "It doesn't bother me." Start wife shopping...:D

-Marc

Nose Art?

Have you thought of getting some Nose Art that might be able to incorporate the stripes?

Someone like Victory Girl (https://victorygirl.com) might be able to help your wife be more happy with the stripes. I am sure there a lot of artistic folks that could help out with Nose Art ideas to spruce up the stripes.

Have you thought of getting some Nose Art that might be able to incorporate the stripes?

Someone like Victory Girl (https://victorygirl.com) might be able to help your wife be more happy with the stripes. I am sure there a lot of artistic folks that could help out with Nose Art ideas to spruce up the stripes.

Yes! Put a necked girl up there. That should make her real happy.

So does buying someone else's built RV count the same as marrying a wife on her second marriage? Not much input?

I think Vlad's nose art is tops!

If the wife doesn't like stripes, give her stars, instead. :D

No stripes for me..

My wife loves RV's..My wife loves our RV-4. I love that my wife loves the RV-4, no stripes for me.. Fortunately, we just started dating when I finished the base color and reassembly and she named it "Casper". I'm OK with it.

Attachments

• BQ1 picinic.jpg
    BQ1 picinic.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 153
Yes! Put a necked girl up there. That should make her real happy.
I laughed so loud at this my girl had to know what it's all about. She suggested a naked man, and had some not very family-friendly suggestions for how he should look, sizes, and what he should be holding - that would be very popular at fly-ins! :D

Back