What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sad News

Awwwww man what a bummer! This place was one of my favorite trips to make when I was doing my PPL training. Super fun short and narrow strip to come into and grab some lunch. Glad to read that nobody was injured in the fire, hopefully the community comes together and they can rebuild.

A disaster for those of us in SC and NC looking for a place to fly for lunch. I hope they rebuild.

For those of us who are ignorant, I went to google, located adjacent to Gilliam - Mc Connell Airfield, you could taxi up to this BBQ Restaurant. ID for airfield is appropriately BQ1.

Pik n Pig | The Best BBQ In The Carolinas http://www.pik-n-pig.com

Yummm $200 BBQ Ribs (use to be $100 hamburger but inflation)

:( Bummer hope they had insurance. Everyone in the restaurant biz took a beating during the "panorama" (joke word for you know what).

Last edited:
What made BQ1 a great place to fly for lunch was that the food was really good unlike many airport stops. On a nice weekend day people drove from long distances to have lunch there. The ability to park your plane 100 feet from the restaurant was a added bonus. The parking lot could be as interesting as the airplane parking area with interesting cars and bikes. I sure hope they rebuild!
G

Attachments

• EABE5D9C-5688-43D7-9C65-8CD10CE39C78.jpeg
    EABE5D9C-5688-43D7-9C65-8CD10CE39C78.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 155098F5-4B73-459F-AB2D-6AC4B84B6864.jpeg
    155098F5-4B73-459F-AB2D-6AC4B84B6864.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
So Sad

The "Pig" has been our go-to place for BBQ for years. Janie and Ashley served the best southern BBQ in the Carolinas and it was just a 15 minute flight from our home in Gold Hill. Great food, great people. We hope they rebuild even bigger and better.

Back