What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tires 'n tubes....anywhere in Canada?

flyboy1963

Well Known Member
I think it's time to have some tires in stock for that rainy day when I get the urge to replace them. ( -9a)
....are there any sources in Canada besides ACS?

if not, where are folks getting the best bang for the buck?
Van's prices are always pretty competitive, and I am ok with those tires/tubes, they seem to have held up so far, and don't leak.

thanks for any tips & sources, shipping tips etc.

Perry - try going direct to Desser - might work better than ACS. I have Monster retreads installed a year ago and am quite impressed with them.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!!!!

so I was at the Desser site, and picked 'Canada' from their list of 700 countries, and at the last second before checkout, they say
' do not ship to your evil country' or something similar.

(because, I guess, you know.....we're so RUDE! :)

...sorry! :D .........more homework to do there?

Have tires, will travel. :)

Perry,

I have a set (2) of 500X5 currently mounted on rims that are spare tires now that I have gone to oversize tires. If you're not in a hurry, I will eventually dismount them and may put oversize tires on those rims too. They are like new with tubes that were also new when mounted a few years ago. Only used for rolling the plane around in the shop.

Bevan

that sounds promising!

...hey Bevan, might you also have a nosewheel, since you went the rhinoplasty route to 5.00x5 on the nose? Just curious! :)

Back