What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airshow Discounts Available at Aero Composites

swaltner

I'm getting ready to order an Aero Composites propeller and wanted to know if they usually offer discounts at airshows (Sun-n-Fun, Oshkosh, etc...). I'm not planning on going to Sun-n-Fun, but if they offer a discount, I'd want to take advantage of it. It would be easiest if these discounts are simply discounted pricing for that time frame instead of discounts that are only valid if you purchase the propeller in person at the show.

Some places give heavy discounts, while others (like Van's) don't. I delayed my empenage kit purchase 'til Sun-n-Fun '03 to wait for a non-existent discount. Just trying to find out where Aero Composites was in the mix of vendors.

Steve

ac props

I think they do give a discount if I remember right. I am going to sun & fun and I will ask them. Marc

To the best of my knowledge they do not give any discounts. The prices they quoted me at the airshows were always from their normal price list.

I should be getting my prop from them in about 3 weeks, which is about 3 months late from their original delivery date. One thing to know about ACI props is that while the are manufactureed in Connecticut, they are painted and assembled in California so you need to budget the shippping cost from California. Probabaly not a big deal for a 2-blade, but my 3-blade will cost be a lot to get here, which is annoying since I'm only about 2 hours from their office.

For the best info, call Harry at ACI at 860-829-6809.

ptrotter said:
To the best of my knowledge they do not give any discounts. The prices they quoted me at the airshows were always from their normal price list.

Thanks. I ended up and called ACI yesterday afternoon. I didn't write down the name of the guy I talked to, but he sounded like one of the head people there. We talked for a while about their props and one of the things we discussed was discounts. Among other things, he said no they don't offer discounts at airshows.

Bummer on the delay of receiving your prop. Hopefully that didn't delay your construction or first flight. I was told the current lead time is four months.

Steve

Back