What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 rivets

pierre smith

Well Known Member
I'm seriously contemplating building a -12. What diameter are most of the rivets?

A -14 builder has my 3/32 clecos and I'm wondering if I'll need them.

Thanks,

They're right. I thought I was a head of the game with Cleco's from my 9 kit. I even ordered more in. Alas, I went the 9 way instead of the 12 way...surprise!

Welcome to the 12 world BTW Pierre!

Bob

Hi Pierre - we're well into our new build which is also pulled rivets (99% 1/8'), and I still find a lot of use for the silver clecos during initial fit-up. But in the great scheme of things, clecos are pretty cheap if you find you need them...

Our neighbor is building a -12, but is heading for his winter home in Palm Springs for the next four months - so we stole his pneumatic pop riveter while he's gone - that gives us two, and we can go pretty fast!

Hi Pierre - we're well into our new build which is also pulled rivets (99% 1/8'), and I still find a lot of use for the silver clecos during initial fit-up. But in the great scheme of things, clecos are pretty cheap if you find you need them...

Our neighbor is building a -12, but is heading for his winter home in Palm Springs for the next four months - so we stole his pneumatic pop riveter while he's gone - that gives us two, and we can go pretty fast!

I must have missed the news.....what's your new project?

Back