What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank question: what kind of loctite

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I am at the point where I need to install the threaded parts in the fuel tank like the drain valve.

Which material do I use for the threads on this item? I know I want lactate, but which type.

Thanks
ken

I think the tanks are lactate intolerant (I couldn't resist). There is a white loctite, but I don't remember the number. I always use Seal Lube for pipe threads.

567 is good, I like Titeseal and Bakerseal for pipe threads as well.

"Fuel Lube" is not recomended for pipe threads.

"Fuel Lube" is not recomended for pipe threads.

What!
It's recommended by me and the manufacturer! I've used it for 9 years on my fuel drains and they have never leaked. This is what it is made for, read the description.

EZ Turn is a specialty lubricant/sealant used for fuel and oil line valves & is resistant to high temps. Especially effective where high octane fuels and aromatics are present. EZ Turn is also extremely efficient as a gasket paste & anti- seize agent. EZ Turn will not gum, crack or dry out. Each shipment is independently tested. Excellent for tapered plug valves, aircraft engine manufacturing, and marine applications. EZ Turn is the functional equivalent of fuel lube. 1 Lb. can

Last edited:
What!
It's recommended by me and the manufacturer! I've used it for 9 years on my fuel drains and they have never leaked. This is what it is made for, read the description.

EZ Turn is a specialty lubricant/sealant used for fuel and oil line valves & is resistant to high temps. Especially effective where high octane fuels and aromatics are present. EZ Turn is also extremely efficient as a gasket paste & anti- seize agent. EZ Turn will not gum, crack or dry out. Each shipment is independently tested. Excellent for tapered plug valves, aircraft engine manufacturing, and marine applications. EZ Turn is the functional equivalent of fuel lube. 1 Lb. can

Where does it say tapered pipe threads?

and proseal?

What if a small dab of regular ProSeal is used for such fittings?
I have gone before myself and placed a small amount of proseal on the fuel drain before realizing it.
I'm wondering if it is suitable for other fittings such as Flop Tube, and vent line?

Should I remove and clean the fuel drain?

thanks

Permatex tack and seal

This stuff works and sells for 3 bucks in small tube at most auto parts stores and farm equipment stores. Kitfox recommends for sealing fuel and oil fittings, especially plastic header tank that has brass fittings that will leak in a heart beat. It's white in color, paste like, never hardens and tube stays good for long- long time. There i gave you my two cents worth and now I'm broke.:cool:

Back