What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Redbull Air Race DFW 2014

mvidalr

Well Known Member
Hello!

Is anyone going to the 2014 edition of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship at Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas/Forth Worth on September 06th & 07th, 2014??

It could be a nice, ad hoc place to meet up!

Here's the schedule for the 2014 events:
http://www.redbullairrace.com/en_INT/tickets

Tickets are on sale and go like this:
-Reserved Seating (Includes Hangar Access)
$59.00

-GA Seating (No Hangar Access)
$39.00

-Red Bull Race Club
$350.00

Hope anyone can make it and see you there!

p-20120217-74199_hires_jpeg_24bit_rgb.jpg

I plan on going and think it would be fun to have an RV contingent attend and meet during that time period. I live in Keller Texas which is 10 miles from Texas Moto Speedway and keep my plane at 52F which is 3 miles away.

I have a guest room and can accommodate 2 people if someone plans on coming here and needs a place to stay.

TJ

Red bull

We. Jay and Carol plan to take Carols travel trailer and meet up with TBone and Alina and have a Red Bull Party!

Do not know where we will park our trailers yet. The more, the more fun!
I will post our location when we figure it all out.

Two Thumbs up

Im not one for crowded sporting events but i wouldn't miss this one. I made all 3 years in San Diego and it was awesome. Not sure what the venue is at the race track but here on the water the Race Club seats were well worth it with free food & drinks and front row seating and much less of a crowd.

29e41h4.jpg

cm3aw.jpg

2ib26ig.jpg

2kiq28.jpg

hsrnrc.jpg

kd4s4p.jpg

Last edited:
RedBull DFW

Is it too early to book some hangar space at 52F? Hopefully Walt and Doug can chime in on availability and cost for the week/weekend. Will worry about where to put the tent later (it may get crowded under the trailer).

Last edited:
Boomer and Kat will be there.
Camping next to Jay and gang.

Does anyone know where the whiskey is.:rolleyes:

Alliance is a very nice airport, right next to the speedway. I'd highly recommend that place if they're not too full up from the racers...

Red Bull Party

A three ship will come up from Central Texas. Looks like we will have a of RV folks joining up.
We will bring a gas cooker and some tables chairs for the tail gate party. Bring your own Brats and chips beverages

Last edited:
I've just booked a room at the Hampton next to the Alliance airport (3 min from the speedway).
I'll arrive by car (-no RV yet-) the 5th and leave the 8th to allow some wife's shopping.

Is there going to be any way to identify RVers at the tailgate part, the airport, or during the races? I do not know anybody and would definitely love to meet any of you:D

Ohhh

And BY CAR means that I can take some of you who arrive by plane and cannot move around so easily between the airport-hotel-speedway-hotel-airport

Im not one for crowded sporting events but i wouldn't miss this one. I made all 3 years in San Diego and it was awesome. Not sure what the venue is at the race track but here on the water the Race Club seats were well worth it with free food & drinks and front row seating and much less of a crowd.

29e41h4.jpg

cm3aw.jpg

Thread drift......
Is that "pelican parts" in the second picture?
Wow!
Lorne

Last edited:
Smoked Ribs

Jay and all others,
Let's make a good lunch party one day, for all the forum guys and gals in attendance. Let's base it at your trailer. I will smoke up however many racks we think we'll need, of my famous BBQ pork ribs. I can smoke them at home, then throw them in a cooler and head that way. They'll still be steaming hot upon my arrival. We just need to pick the day! Thoughts???

Jay and all others,
Let's make a good lunch party one day, for all the forum guys and gals in attendance. Let's base it at your trailer. I will smoke up however many racks we think we'll need, of my famous BBQ pork ribs. I can smoke them at home, then throw them in a cooler and head that way. They'll still be steaming hot upon my arrival. We just need to pick the day! Thoughts???

I don't personally know anyone here as I am fairly new to the forum (joined VAF when i started my build in 2011).
Do you think my girlfriend and I could pitch in?
I can stop at a local convenience store to get some beer and snacks, and it would be a nice way to get to know you all..

Last edited:
I don't personally know anyone here as I am fairly new to the forum (joined VAF when i started my build in 2011).
Do you think my girlfriend and I could pitch in?
I can stop at a local convenience store to get some beer and snacks, and it would be a nice way to get to know you all..

Miguel,
I know I speak for the entire group that will be at the event: you and your girlfriend are more than welcome! It would be fantastic to meet a fellow RV builder at this event! Plus, I can promise you that you will make some new, life--long friends!

Has anyone received their tickets yet or know about when to expect them? I ordered them on the day they went on sale and chose the mail option hoping they would be better quality tickets than what my printer can do...

Linda & I have tickets for the race and reservations at the Hampton. Plan to arrive Friday evening. We look forward to meeting Y'ALL

I'll be there along with my father-in-law. Already bought reserve seating tickets. I live in Sachse on the East side of Dallas. If anyone from the area wishes to carpool, PM me.

JAY PRATT

Jay,
Have you figured out anything on the camper placement and/or how all of that works?

I might rent a trailer for the weekend. I've had some friends do this for NASCAR races, and it's pretty affordable from what they tell me. Apparently the local RV place will deliver it to whatever designated 'spot' you have reserved out there, and drop it off in that specific numbered spot. Any ideas on reserving space for RV's (ie: campers / travel trailers)?

Thanks-

Trailer?

Gary,

No idea yet. Where we might park our trailers.
We have a lot of time till September. Dave Buono is getting our tickets. I was looking to him to give me marching orders.
Also I do not know what to expect with reguard to the races. I know it will be a hoot to get a bunch of the local RV people together!

Big Group!

We grabbed up several tickets and plan to make a big weekend out of it! Not sure yet if transportation from KS will be by car or air yet, but hope to drop in and see several RVers if there is a tailgate to be had. Be glad to pitch in any way we can!

Miguel,
I know I speak for the entire group that will be at the event: you and your girlfriend are more than welcome! It would be fantastic to meet a fellow RV builder at this event! Plus, I can promise you that you will make some new, life--long friends!

Much appreciated Gary et al!
We will definitely look for you, and as always I'll be in touch through here for further planning and details.

See you there!

Were all in!!

Amanda and I are all in!! Miguel started this thread!! So of course your gonna party with the rest of us! Besides that I have to ask all kinds of questions about flying in Mexico. The last time I flew in Mexico was in 2004. Looking forward to meeting you! The texas gang is really a fun group, but you can count on folks coming in from oklahoma, arkansas, louisisana, alabama too. I'm ready to buy tickets right now!!:)

Has anyone received their tickets yet or know about when to expect them? I ordered them on the day they went on sale and chose the mail option hoping they would be better quality tickets than what my printer can do...

Based on your question, and the fact that I was in the same position, I pursued. Here is what I found. By default, they send the tickets out 3 days before the event. If you let them know you want them sent by email, they will do that. I sent them my email address and received my tickets in 1day.

More FYI for the Red Bull Air Races. We were at the Indy Car race in June and talked with everyone we could at the race track concerning camping at the race track during these air races since our plan has been to drive our ground bound RV to the event. Everyone we talked with said there was not going to be any availability for camping at any of the camping areas at the race track.

We made reservations at the North Lake Village RV Park. It is just 2 miles east of the track. My wife and I plan to be at the RV park Thursday night through Sunday and have tickets for both day's races. We have a group of about a dozen or so coming down from the OKC area.

More FYI for the Red Bull Air Races. We were at the Indy Car race in June and talked with everyone we could at the race track concerning camping at the race track during these air races since our plan has been to drive our ground bound RV to the event. Everyone we talked with said there was not going to be any availability for camping at any of the camping areas at the race track.

We made reservations at the North Lake Village RV Park. It is just 2 miles east of the track. My wife and I plan to be at the RV park Thursday night through Sunday and have tickets for both day's races. We have a group of about a dozen or so coming down from the OKC area.

They ARE offering camping (a big spot that will fit a motorhome or a truck/travel trailer). However it's $250! Here's the quote from the TMS webpage:
RESERVED CAMPING

Reserved camping in the VIP Campground can be purchased for $250, which includes water and electricity hook ups. A sewage dump can be purchased at the campground for $45. To purchase call (817) 215-8500.

It's on this page, about 3/4 of the way down the page:
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/u...l-events/red-bull-air-race-world-championship

We'll be there for the weekend chillin' with Dave and the crew, but not camping. As the Thunderbirds said to Tanya a couple of weeks ago, I have a "DD". Dave, tell my drinkin' buddy that she better come prepared :).

They ARE offering camping (a big spot that will fit a motorhome or a truck/travel trailer). However it's $250! Here's the quote from the TMS webpage:
RESERVED CAMPING

Reserved camping in the VIP Campground can be purchased for $250, which includes water and electricity hook ups. A sewage dump can be purchased at the campground for $45. To purchase call (817) 215-8500.

It's on this page, about 3/4 of the way down the page:
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/u...l-events/red-bull-air-race-world-championship

It sounds like someone at the speedway changed their minds about allowing camping on the grounds since they told us no at the June 17th indy car races. Regardless, we think our $35/night fee for full electric, water and sewage hook ups at the North Lake Villiage RV Park will meet our needs.

Last edited:
Spent some time last night booking hotel rooms. The three near the south end of the Alliance runway (Hilton Gardens, Residence, Hampton) are pretty much booked, at "event" prices. Same seems to be true of the Marriott Golf Club just across 114. The Motel 6 still had a few spots as did the local Sleep Inn. My crew will have a rental car and a designated driver, so I booked a $99 DO rate at the Marriott Solana 8 miles east.

Somebody arrange for good weather.

Last edited:
Tickets

I just got off the phone with TMS. They said ticket stock for Red Bull was received last Friday. The process of getting them sent in the mail has begun.

Tailgate???

Hey everyone....we're getting close to RedBull time. I saw several posts from months ago regarding everyone getting together. My girlfriend and I would like to meet up with everyone! Happy to help and pitch in with drinks, etc.

Ann & I will be in section PU113, row 57, seats 5 & 6.

Tanya and I will be aligned with the position of Taco and Bell (Dave and Alina)! aka/ ... I have no idea where we will be. That is a good way to be.

Tanya and I will be aligned with the position of Taco and Bell (Dave and Alina)! aka/ ... I have no idea where we will be. That is a good way to be.

Melissa and I will be in Section PU103, Row 44, Seats 8 and 9!
We will stay at the Hampton Inn Ft. Worth-Alliance Airport (13600 North Freeway).

Logistics Officer

The logistics officer says: Upper Section 406, Row 38 (seats 1-9) and 39 (seats 1-10)

I bet we run into a few VAFers at the Hampton and Residence Inn down the street.

TFR

We will be landing at ft worth alliance KAFW. Had hoped to get in sat morning. Does anyone know how the TFR will affect Alliance? Thx

Red Bull, Fort Worth TX

My wife Sandy and I are going this year. We are taking the camper and have reservations at North Lake RV. Nice folks and reasonable prices. Hope to see some RVers too..........Tom

Red Bull

Linda and I will be in PU103, Row 46, seats 13 and 14
The RV7A will be tied down at Alliance and we are staying at the Hampton close to Alliance.

Does anyone know where the Red Bull Hangars are going to be? Are they going to be taking off and landing from the race track?

Are all of the gates going to be within the confines of the track? I saw the videos of Ascot, and it looked like some of the gates were a ways away.

I got tickets as soon as it was announced, and I did not remember that hangar passes were included. We got them in the mail the other day. It was always fun going to the pits at drag races. I am really looking forward to poking around the Red Bull hangars. Hope to meet up with some of you.

I just called and spoke with AFW ATC, they are listed as the coordination facility in the notam. I was told as long as you're talking to them you shouldn't have any problems penetrating the TFR to get into AFW or 52F.

My dad and I will be flying in Sat morn around 9 in my -4. Which field would be better to fly in to and how are you guys handling transport from the airfield to the track?

Alex
501-749-6824

long drive

I will drive from Monterrey, Mexico to Austin, TX thursday morning for a 6-hr road trip.
Stay there for the night and drive the remaining 5-4hr to DFW the next day.

Will stay at the Hampton across the street from the Speedway. Don't really have much VAF material on me and try to do my best to spot RVers!

anyone want anything brought up from Mexico or along the trip??

cant wait

Back