What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duckworks LED Landing lights

Duckworks LED lights

I've been flying the prototype Duckworks LED wingtip lights for just over a year. I have a 3 position switch for my lights, OFF; WIG/WAG; LANDING. I WIG/WAG the Duckworks LEDs and for landing the Duckworks LEDs are on steady AND I have a pair of Duckworks HID in the leading edges of the wings. The LEDs have been on either WIG/WAG or steady for all of my flights.

The LEDs project a bright focused beam. The HID's are BRIGHT and a bit wider beam. The LEDs will illuminate the blue taxi reflectors the complete distance at Independence (7S5) which is 3100+ feet.

The Hillsboro Tower has commented how visible my plane is WIG/WAGging the LED's. I'll try to take some pictures in the next few days and post them.

(Note: Don of Duckworks is a long time friend. He was primary TC for my CH601HDS. I have no financial interest in Duckworks.)

Regards,

Awesome. I've convinced the majority share holder in this build to go with these, he wants AeroLED position/tail lights. Should all make for a nice combination.

How hard is the install? My only worry is once you glass in the mounts in the tips, looks like you're pretty much stuck with the angle.

Thanks for the Pirep Roy!! Don and I appreciate it.

The LED lights are not aim-able once installed, but there is some guidance to get them lined up mostly straight in the instructions that are included with the kit.

As a side note, these are just as easily installed in any fiberglass surface with enough real estate to mount them as they are in the wingtips they are being marketed for. They only need about a 2.5 inch diameter circle to mount in!! Cowls, Wheel pants, wingtips, pretty much any forward facing surface.

Richard Squires

wire

hello,

what would be the best wire gauge for a set of Duckworks Round WingTip LED lights (one per wingtip)?
Also, shielded/unshielded?

thanks

Back