What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland wheel part number

eric.kallio

Well Known Member
When changing my main tires I ran into a problem with a part on the wheel. On page 46-3 of my plans ,and on the outboard side of the wheel I had an issue with what the plans call "molded grease seal". The original is a narrow channel ring of aluminum. When I ordered what appeared to be the new part from Cleveland I received a rubberized part that has the same outer diameter, but the inner diameter is different. My wheels were part of a kit shipped in '08 so perhaps this has been a change since built, but it just doesn't seem right. Hopefully I have been able to attach a picture with the original on the left (before I dropped it and stepped on it, then tried to straighten it) and the new one on the right. Can anyone either confirm that the new seal is now the correct part, and if so any idea where to get the felt ring to go with it? Or, if it is not the right part, has anyone found the correct part number for Cleveland or aircraft spruce so I can order the correct part?

28k7taf.jpg

Eric

Part number

The part on the right is 154-03000. What I needed was the 154-13000. What I found out today was that when I got my wheels they were shipped with a -49d parts list and I have -49a wheels. I now have the correct parts list and have hopefully ordered the correct part. I hate not being able to fly because of this, but such is life. I only have 3 months until annual time and after a busy summer at work I am way behind on flying (only 20 hours this year... bad pilot. I will punish myself later.) and the weather is not getting any better.

Eric

Back