What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It seems like I'm moving too fast... what am I missing?

rmartingt

Well Known Member
Just before the holiday I primed all of the ribs and rear spar parts (for the wing), riveted the rear spar together, drilled and deburred the ribs-to-spar connections, and got the wing clecoed back together. I also opened up the wiring conduit holes. From my reading of the manual it looks like I'm ready to mount the skeleton on the stand and rivet the ribs to the spars, but it just feels like something went too fast--I spent weeks prepping for paint and cleaning everything up, and to go from that to riveting the ribs in just a few hours is throwing me off. I could swear I remember having to do more work with the -6 before this point.

So what am I missing? Or does the matched-hole design just make things that much quicker?

And I just realized, if all this is going together this fast, I'm going to need to be doing pitot and aux fuel plumbing really soon (i.e., much sooner calendar-wise than I'd thought)...

Just before the holiday I primed all of the ribs and rear spar parts (for the wing), riveted the rear spar together, drilled and deburred the ribs-to-spar connections, and got the wing clecoed back together. I also opened up the wiring conduit holes. From my reading of the manual it looks like I'm ready to mount the skeleton on the stand and rivet the ribs to the spars, but it just feels like something went too fast--I spent weeks prepping for paint and cleaning everything up, and to go from that to riveting the ribs in just a few hours is throwing me off. I could swear I remember having to do more work with the -6 before this point.

So what am I missing? Or does the matched-hole design just make things that much quicker?

And I just realized, if all this is going together this fast, I'm going to need to be doing pitot and aux fuel plumbing really soon (i.e., much sooner calendar-wise than I'd thought)...

90% of the work is all the prep work before actual construction. Sounds like you're on track. Just wait... it'll slow down. ;):mad:

Warning: Fuel tanks ahead!

Pro seal its a beautiful thing! If the tanks don't slow you down nothing will!;)

Back