What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap motor channel on page 32-07

JHartline

Well Known Member
Could I get a hand from someone who has finished the fuselage? Does the flange at the top of the flap motor channel go inside the cross-brace or lie flat against the outside aft face? Can't exactly tell from the instructions or the picture in figure 1. The motor brackets fit better if I put it outside the brace. Thanks

Could I get a hand from someone who has finished the fuselage? Does the flange at the top of the flap motor channel go inside the cross-brace or lie flat against the outside aft face? Can't exactly tell from the instructions or the picture in figure 1. The motor brackets fit better if I put it outside the brace. Thanks

Edit: The brace goes on the inside. I thought you were initially talking about the flap motor cover. From another builder: "The upper flange of the flap motor channel is shown with a dashed line, indicating that it sits behind the flange of the seat back brace, placing it inside."

Last edited:
Back