What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose gear question

dvalle

Well Known Member
I had a mishap, hit a deer head on and I believe the nose gear leg is tweaked. Wondering if anyone can tell me 1) how's the best way to check? 2) Is there anyone that you can recommend to check and/or straighten if bent 3) Can't find on the Van's site, how the heck can I find out if a new one is available and the price?

Thanks

I had a mishap, hit a deer head on and I believe the nose gear leg is tweaked. Wondering if anyone can tell me 1) how's the best way to check? 2) Is there anyone that you can recommend to check and/or straighten if bent 3) Can't find on the Van's site, how the heck can I find out if a new one is available and the price?

Thanks

If you remove the leg and then roll it along a table with the curved end hanging off the edge, an unbent leg should roll with no wobble. If it is bent, Lange air machining that makes the gear legs should be able to help you out.
http://www.langair.com/

Thanks VERY much, I will check it and hope I can see if bent. I most likely contact them to ask that they inspect it....insurance would probably prefer it done by them.

Thanks
Dan

Back