What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area residential airparks

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hello,
I may be moving to the Houston area in the near future and I'm trying to compile a list of residential airparks within a 100 mi. radius of Houston. I know there are plenty out there and one was recently mentioned in another thread. Do you guys have the names of the some airparks in the area? Websites, phone numbers, and location would be helpful. I'm planning on an airpark scouting trip in a few months.

Thank you!,
Jerry

From http://www.airporthomes.com/viewhomestexas.htm

State Airpark
TX
Aerocounty -Listing #1669 ...more info
TX Silver Wings Fly in Ranch -Listing #1659 ...more info
TX Athens Airpark -Listing #1658 ...more info
TX Batesfield Airpark -Listing #1657 ...more info
TX Horseshoe Bay -Listing #1654 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation -Listing #1650 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation -Listing #1645 ...more info
TX Propwash Airport -Listing #1638 ...more info
TX Skylakes Airpark -Listing #1635 ...more info
TX Lakeway- -Listing #1625 ...more info
TX Lakeway- -Listing #1622 ...more info
TX Biggin Hill Airpark -Listing #1621 ...more info
TX Private Ranch -Listing #1620 ...more info
TX Lakeway- -Listing #1617 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation - -Listing #1615 ...more info
TX Hillcrest Airpark - -Listing #1607 ...more info
TX Skylakes Airpark -Listing #1606 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley Airpark -Listing #1598 ...more info
TX Tailspin -Listing #1595 ...more info
TX Echo Lake -Listing #1593 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation -Listing #1583 ...more info
TX Tailspin Airpark -Listing #1578 ...more info
TX Skydive Houston -Listing #1568 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation -Listing #1561 ...more info
TX Eagles Nest Estates -Listing #1558 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley Airpark -Listing #1554 ...more info
TX Aero Estates Airpark -Listing #1553 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley Airpark -Listing #1548 ...more info
TX Tierra Linda Ranch -Listing #1536 ...more info
TX Tri County Aerodrome -Listing #1533 ...more info
TX Echo Lake -Listing #1512 ...more info
TX Heritage Creek Estates -Listing #1509 ...more info
TX Lakeway Airpark -Listing #852 ...more info
TX Tailwind Airpark -Listing #1500 ...more info
TX Tailwind Airpark -Listing #1499 ...more info
TX Lakeway Airpark -Listing #1495 ...more info
TX Echo Lake -Listing #1494 ...more info
TX Covey Trails -Listing #1489 ...more info
TX Tailwind Airpark -Listing #1487 ...more info
TX Kestrel Air Park -Listing #1478 ...more info
TX Bar V K Air Ranch Estates - Listing #1468 ...more info
TX Private Airstrip in Sanger -Listing #1459 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley Airpark -Listing #1454 ...more info
TX Hicks Airport - Listing #1441 ...more info
TX Johnson County Listing #1432 ...more info
TX Real County Airport Listing #1426 ...more info
TX Echo Lake Listing #1420 ...more info
TX Echo Lake Listing #1419 ...more info
TX Sears Private Airpark Listing #1418 ...more info
TX Markamck Airport Listing #1413 ...more info
TX Kestrel Airpark Listing #1401 ...more info
TX Echo Lake Listing #1395 ...more info
TX Tailwind Airpark Listing #1374 ...more info
TX Kestrel Air Park Listing #1370 ...more info
TX Waverly Acres Airpark Listing #1326 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation Listing #1360 ...more info

TX Pecan Plantation Airpark - Listing #1337 ...more info
TX Nassau Bay Airpark - Listing #1335 ...more info
TX Echo Lake - Listing #1325 ...more info
TX Echo Lake - Listing #1315 ...more info
TX Tailwinds Airpark -Listing #1312 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley -Listing #1242 ...more info
TX Pecan Plantation -Listing #1245 ...more info
TX Breakaway Park Listing #1216 ...more info
TX Echo Lake Listing #1215 ...more info
TX Bar V K Listing #1143 ...more info
TX Rusty Allen Airport Listing #777 ...more info
TX Ironhead Airport Listing #1101 ...more info
TX Bourland Field Estates - Listing #1026 ...more info
TX Holly Lake Ranch - Listing #743 ...more info
TX Propwash Airpark- Listing #949 ...more info
TX Hicks Airfield -Listing #771 ...more info
TX Hidden Valley Airpark- Listing #233 ...more info

Good luck!

Waverly Acres XS09 http://waverlyacres.com
Miegs http://www.meigsfieldairport.com/ (runway not yet active)
Skydive 37X
West Houston IWS http://www.westhoustonairport.com/ (Hangar/apts only)
Sport Flyers 27XS (EAA 774's home)
RWJ 54T http://www.rwjairpark.com/
Dry Creek TS07 http://www.ts07.org/
Hooks DWH http://www.hooksairport.com/ (hangar/apts only)
Wolfe 3T2
Polly Ranch 7XS0
Covey Trails X09
Songbird Ranch 91TS
Air Acres (not on the sectional and no lots available)

This is the complete list as far as I know. I believe Miegs and Waverly are the only ones actively selling lots. You might find a lot to buy from an individual if you drive around and look for signs -- they won't be listed. If you want to live in your hangar, West Houston and Hooks are possibilities, but be sure to read the fine print carefully at West Houston. Songbird was advertising 5 acre tracks just last year, but I think they're sold out.

You also might find an existing house by typing in an airpark as the subdivision name on the real estate web site: http://www.har.com

Good luck, and welcome to Houston!

RV8Squaz said:
Hello,
I may be moving to the Houston area in the near future and I'm trying to compile a list of residential airparks within a 100 mi. radius of Houston. I know there are plenty out there and one was recently mentioned in another thread. Do you guys have the names of the some airparks in the area? Websites, phone numbers, and location would be helpful. I'm planning on an airpark scouting trip in a few months.

Thank you!,
Jerry
What side of town you interested in?? I.e., where will you be working? On the south side, Poly Ranch is nice but it's filled up with houses. I think there's a nice house for sale on the East side. Overpriced (for suburban Houston housing), has a small hangar and has been for sale for years accordingly.

Wolfe Airpark is about 12 nm due south of Hobby. A little rough around the edges, but still affordable with lots of space/vacant lots. Grass strip, gravel roads and still rural. But bigger, nicer houses popping up all around it.

Songbird - few if any trees. 20 South of Hobby or so. Nicer homes and concrete drive/runway. Long drive from everywhere. ;) It's southwest of Alvin.

Pearland Skyway Manor - Right on the south edge of Hobby Cl B. Kind of rough, short grass strip with commercial/city development closing in. Probably the closest to Houston. Future is uncertain as development continues to squeeze it tightly. It'll go when someone offers the right $$ for the land which fronts the major E/W thoroughfare through Pearland.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. It doesn't have to be on a particular side of Houston, just within about 100 mi. The ideal airpark would have a 2000-3000 turf strip, in a wooded area, with lots in the 2-5 acre range, and homes in the 2500-3500 sf range, with a tennis club for my wife, a golf course for my father-in-law, a lake for fishing and sailing with my boy. Hey we can all dream right!

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

P.S. How about a hiking trail, a babbleing brook, and waterfall too?

Hilltop Lakes!

RV8Squaz said:
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. It doesn't have to be on a particular side of Houston, just within about 100 mi. The ideal airpark would have a 2000-3000 turf strip, in a wooded area, with lots in the 2-5 acre range, and homes in the 2500-3500 sf range, with a tennis club for my wife, a golf course for my father-in-law, a lake for fishing and sailing with my boy. Hey we can all dream right!

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

P.S. How about a hiking trail, a babbleing brook, and waterfall too?

If you only need to be within 100 miles, take a look at Hilltop Lakes! Really beautiful spot....

Ironflight said:
If you only need to be within 100 miles, take a look at Hilltop Lakes! Really beautiful spot....

Hilltop has waaaay too much politics going on there. My Grandparents lived there for 13 yrs and had enough. Just FYI...

rvwannabe said:
Hilltop has waaaay too much politics going on there. My Grandparents lived there for 13 yrs and had enough. Just FYI...

That's too bad....unfortunatley, I have heard that said about just about every airpark, at least to some extent....maybe it has something to do with all those "Type A" pilots hanging around..... :rolleyes:

Ironflight said:
That's too bad....unfortunatley, I have heard that said about just about every airpark, at least to some extent....maybe it has something to do with all those "Type A" pilots hanging around..... :rolleyes:

Well, the whole neighborhood is involved. The Airport has all the good people in it. Don't even get me started on the Golf Course, sheesh.

Hilltop Lakes

I looked seriously at Hilltop a couple of years ago. It's a strange situation. It was subdivided 20-30 years ago and apparently the guy who laid out the airport lots thought 1/4 acre was plenty. They sold them out before anybody realized that you can't physically build a house, hangar, and septic system on a city-sized lot. Consequently, there are many undeveloped lots, but the problem is finding four in a row for sale to get enough room to build on. Prices are cheap, though.

The people I met there just bent over backwards to help you out. One guy took time out from building his hangar to cart me all over the place in his golf cart. Great folks.

The amenities are unbelievable. Fabulous paved runway, correctly aligned. The golf course membership is ridiculously low. Seems like it may have even been included in the home owner association fee. Tennis courts, swimming pool, private fishing lakes. However, the drive to town is pretty tough. I think it's an hour to the nearest Wal-Mart. That was the deal killer for Betty.

As for politics, any gathering of more than 3 primates will eventually result in an argument over who gets to sit on the high branch and poop on the others. Airparks are not exempt.

Back