What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cargo RV

I've pulled the passenger seat back out of my -7 to allow my golf clubs to fit better, is that what you mean?

home

One of many possibilities.

I removed the Coey's seat to load a generator and jerry can in a few months ago. The baggage compartment was full of portable table, chairs, tools and overnight gear when I flew down to look at a Twin Comanche, but that wasn't a full 'conversion' per se, just removing the seat as odens_14 did.

I've pulled the passenger seat back out of my -7 to allow my golf clubs to fit better, is that what you mean?

Ah ya, pretty much. I was thinking also maybe flattening it out, something to tie down to. removing the control stick

When I go on a long trip solo, I remove the right stick but leave the right seat in, just in case there's a reason to give somebody a ride. Taking the stick out makes lots of room, even with no cover on it. There's so much friction that I don't bother with the bolt any more...

Fall 2020, I took two deer in South Texas and left them at the processor. When they were ready, I removed the right stick, right seat, and the smoke tank (mounted behind the copilot seat). I used that space for a medium sized ice box which fit perfectly in that space. I also used two smaller ice boxes which fit side by side in the cargo space.

Luckily, these were smaller animals, so all the meat fit in these containers. A larger buck might have been more of a challenge.

Weight and balance were fine even with the ice. Zero problems flying it all back to 52F from KGTU at 9500'.

I don’t ride anymore, but that tire selection was for ultra rides in Colorado that involve descending from Pikes Peak and such, so I wanted as much anti-blowout insurance as possible.

When I flew my 7A to Oshkosh last year, I removed the passenger seat and stick. Loaded that area up with my tent, cot, chair and other things. Used the lap bet to secure it all. Worked really well

Bike

This is how I transport my bike. I use a block and the rear wheel skewer to stabilize my bike and keep the chainring off the seat pan. Works great because it’s a lightweight road bike.

Attachments

• 269ABD92-0451-44C2-9484-50607A919B30.jpg
    269ABD92-0451-44C2-9484-50607A919B30.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 250
Back