What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

sunglasses

I can't say the best sunglasses would be but I wear Serengettis and can see my iPad quite well.

Anything without polarization should work just fine. Ones with gray lenses, to me, work better than those with any other colour lenses.

Non-polarized

Stay away from polarized... screen looks black in Portrait orientation and very dim in landscape.

I've recently switched to yellow lenses and I like the look and fit of Oakley Radarlock. Also nice that they are vented.

So... other than staying away from polarized, pick something you like when you look in the mirror or take selfies in the left seat!

polaroid can work if

:rolleyes:
Polaroid might work if you do this:

These are clip on polaroid sunglasses from our favorite variety shopping store. With a dremmel tool the bottom part of the clip-ons are removed which means I can see all the LCD displays, plus the in cockpit vision from outside viewing is almost instant since the factor difference in light levels between outside and inside is about 10 to 1. For my canopy there are no stress areas that would make it appear like an oil film or dark areas. Also with the canopy curvature, the polarization angles are tilted slightly down on the lateral left and right which means if something is polarized to one eye, it is not to the other, so the object or glint is always visible.
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower Alabama:cool:

pilot

this guy looks like a real pilot to me. I'm going to copy that look one day. I have the same ear buds so I'm on my way!

Last edited:
I wear Maui jims exclusively in the 737 and my RV-8. We use the iPad in the 737 for everything, zero problems.

Back