What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AircraftWraps OSH/Reno Wrap

AircraftWraps

Well Known Member
AircraftWraps and Dream Scheme Designs casually discussed a cool design for Oshkosh and Reno this year. Problem... Oshkosh was in 10 days! We knew it had to be done quickly while remaining "show" quality. Combining this amazing design and our installation the two collaborated. We were able produce this fantastic result in record time. Designed in 3 days, printed through the weekend, install organized and planned monday, installed over 3 days and ready Friday!

When you need 1st class results in record time, AircraftWraps is the solution!

Race 26 is Ready!

Last edited:
Where @ OSH?

Where are you guys located at AirVenture? Would like a up close and personal view of this latest "wrapping".

We need a close up view of the tail art. The pics are too low resolution to zoom in.

Mike,
The pictures are links...click on the one you want to see, it will take you to the image on photobucket. You can then enlarge to full size.

Sorry for the delay response: Sunday off with the family before a week away in OSH.

Our facebook and instagram (link below) has more photos including some install pics.

This RV8 will be in HBC hopefully around spot #1. (I'll update once arrived)

Very busy week and prepping for OSH, but we plan on posting the same HiDef "UP-Close" walk around video that we did for Titan's RV8.

More photos and videos to follow.

Are you guys here? (Oshkosh)

Looking to see some wraps. Also have a question or 2.

Thanks

Just checked out the plane- thanks, Scott. Looks pretty darn good! Definitely an option I'll consider when the time comes.

I checked out both the vinyl covered planes, the one on row 315 and the one at the ECI/Titan booth. You'd never know they were vinyl covered unless you looked for it up close.

I like the ability to change design details by peeling off the old and adding the new. The weight reduction over paint is nice too.

Scott of Aircraft Wraps let me take up an hour of his time at OSH with my list of questions. I was very impressed with his detailed knowledge of "all things wraps". You'll never know the depth of his knowledge by just reading his posts here or going to the website--it would take too long to type! I had a favorable opinion of Aircraft Wraps before I met Scott, but *after* meeting him I'm absolutely convinced that he is the real deal. I am having my RV-8 wrapped by him in 3 weeks, and I can't wait to see the results from this super Type A detail oriented and customer service focused company. I really think Aircraft Wraps is going to revolutionize the airplane covering world.

What's the rough price for a wrap like this? Are we talking 50% of paint cost? Less?

And He's a Marine

Scott of Aircraft Wraps let me take up an hour of his time at OSH with my list of questions. I was very impressed with his detailed knowledge of "all things wraps". You'll never know the depth of his knowledge by just reading his posts here or going to the website--it would take too long to type! I had a favorable opinion of Aircraft Wraps before I met Scott, but *after* meeting him I'm absolutely convinced that he is the real deal. I am having my RV-8 wrapped by him in 3 weeks, and I can't wait to see the results from this super Type A detail oriented and customer service focused company. I really think Aircraft Wraps is going to revolutionize the airplane covering world.

You probably already knew that.

Benefits: Interchangeability, less weight. Scott mentioned the weight was 12lbs of vinyl on his plane.
Negatives: Not sure

I like the lighter weight and the ability to easily update design details (tail/nose art, N-Numbers, etc.)

paint

I'm going to paint my airplane myself. Using basf rm uno. Also buying a new iwata 400. Will still be under 2500 bucks. I would rather use that extra 7500 on avionics.
Nobody can see those elaborate paint schemes from 5000 feet.

Last edited:
DIY...

I'm going to paint my airplane myself. Using basf rm uno. Also buying a new iwata 400. Will still be under 2500 bucks. I would rather use that extra 7500 on avionics.

I chose wrap as a DIY for the same cost as your paint. including having the pros fill, sand and paint my cowl and spinner. So we both saved the pro labor cost...I spent my savings on purchasing a hanger, and then some...:D

What is the price range? I hope $10k is on the fanciest, "custom" end?

I never mentioned $10,000... The entire week or on a single aircraft.

I did say, "you probably couldn't break $10,000"

Just clearing up what I've said. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful and supportive week at osh.

Last edited:
Back