What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR200 Mic / Intercom Issue

Hello

My Garmin GTR200 Mic Input / Intercom function isn't working. When I connect my 2x Bose A20 headsets and try to talk to one another there is no mic audio transmitting across the intercom from either headset. Are there any specific settings or configuration I should be setting on either the Bose A20's or the GTR200 / G3X, or should this just work and I need to review my wiring? The wiring was completed as per the wiring schematic in the G3X installation manual .. unless I made an error during the install.

I haven't yet tried the mic while transmitting.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Did you enter the GTR 200's "Configuration Mode" and go to the "Audio Setup" page to enable the intercom function? This is found in section 3.6.4 and 3.6.4.3 of the GTR 200/200B Installation Manual.

To enter Configuration Mode on the GTR 200, starting with the unit powered off press and hold the small rotary knob and then power on the device. Release the small knob when the display activates.

You mentioned using the G3X installation manual for your wiring but make sure to also get a copy of the "GTR 200/200B Installation Manual".

You will love this unit once it is up and running right.

Power sequence

I have a Zulu and clarity aloft headset setup with the GTR 200. I have to turn on the Zulu power after the GTR is powered on for the intercom function to work. Not a big deal.

GTR 200 Intercom

Hello

My Garmin GTR200 Mic Input / Intercom function isn't working. When I connect my 2x Bose A20 headsets and try to talk to one another there is no mic audio transmitting across the intercom from either headset. Are there any specific settings or configuration I should be setting on either the Bose A20's or the GTR200 / G3X, or should this just work and I need to review my wiring? The wiring was completed as per the wiring schematic in the G3X installation manual .. unless I made an error during the install.

I haven't yet tried the mic while transmitting.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan,

We take it this is a single COM installation with no audio panel. As others have mentioned, the intercom must be enabled in the GTR 200 for it to work. There are some other troubleshooting steps we can work through if the intercom is enabled and not working. The intercom can be enabled by powering on the unit while holding in the inner knob, and selecting Audio Setup.

Thanks,

Justin

Back