What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass anchor hardware

TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
I am changing out my door seals to the Mcmaster and may have an issue with getting them closed now. The plan is going for paint at Grady's in march so I better get this done now. I will be adding seans kit for the center but in the mean time I may have to add a pull in strap near the rear like some have done. Not sure if the seal will seat a bit after the door has been closed for a while. I will not later today.

What is the best way to anchor in the door. I would prefer to not use glue as the doors are painted inside. Is there anything like a drywall anchor that will expand on the back side? I am sure one anchor will suffice.

Right now the door is riding higher and takes a quite a bit of pressure to close. I am going to see if I can take the gutter down a bit more but it is pretty much down to the bottom. Sure hope I can make it work as I may just created a lot of dust for nothing.:rolleyes: I only did the passenger side so the door can be shut from the out side. I will not do the pilot side until I have something that will work.

Reason change. After 230hrs the adhesive is coming off the seals I used creating wind noise and the mcmaster seals just look so much nicer.:)

RivNuts

Troy,
Rivnuts is what I used on all those fasteners.
They sit flush and can be installed without rear access.

IMG_0489.JPG

mcmaster seals

Troy,
I went the route of the McMaster seals on my 10. I found that I needed to grind the lip back to nearly flush with the bottom of the gutter to get the seal to fit nicely. I also did something I haven't seen on others yet, I used some scrap seal material to form an epoxy bead around the door frame opening. This bead gives the seal "U" shape something to grab on to. See the following picasa pics for the details.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rcnewman64/DoorsLatchesSeals#5510788218682689890

http://picasaweb.google.com/rcnewman64/DoorsLatchesSeals#5510788102958113090

Bob Newman
TCW Technologies, LLC.
rv-10 40176

So i I did get the seals finished and the door can be shut the same as before. It was a stressful job on a plane that is flying, but I am very glad I did it. It looks and works so much better. Everything was covered very well with plastic so the panel was as clean as before I started. It might even keep the kids warmer in the back.

Back