What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a painter in AZ

GoN4Broke

Anybody out there know of a good painter in AZ - preferably western AZ. I'm up in the Fort Mohave area about 90 miles due south of Las Vegas. I found a couple of large scale shops within an hour or so from my location but the prices seemed pretty high :eek:. Any recommendations ?

Anybody out there know of a good painter in AZ - preferably western AZ. I'm up in the Fort Mohave area about 90 miles due south of Las Vegas. I found a couple of large scale shops within an hour or so from my location but the prices seemed pretty high :eek:. Any recommendations ?

List of AZ paint shops at:
http://www.aircraftpaintschemes.com/paint_shop_locator_state_list.asp?ShopState=Arizona

I’m from Kingman and have seen both Straube's Aircraft Services (Kingman) and Master Aircraft Services (Wickenburg) in person. Good work done by both. No good paint (painter) job will be inexpensive.

List of NV paint shops at:
http://www.aircraftpaintschemes.com/paint_shop_locator_state_list.asp?ShopState=Nevada

List of CA paint shops at:
http://www.aircraftpaintschemes.com/paint_shop_locator_state_list.asp?ShopState=California

If you want a flying adventure, look into G.L.O Customs in Roanoke, Texas. You can say hi to Doug Reeves. Ask nicely and he may even take some snap shots of your plane when it rolls out. That’s where I plan to go (if they’re still around) when the 7 is ready for paint. http://www.glocustom.com

Nevada

I can recommend Matthews Aviation in Yerington, NV (O43). Good work at a fair price using real aircraft paint:

JBs447f75TN6pKbmyn68trRwKG3p1Q5CiWkliwG14a7lFwzf7Nyuc6NDASBdsp6UJIwFJMkcnyqUlBvHUPGp3agKeHWDMiexTkH4jBd-z6OVq02P9ev57pl8CL0lXpAdGjlopGf0rwnZnkNVycJnNZsbZMLiBDIo6xPXBd4AOZOgE_oRKZg2_XXoo_-3VEsz4VjMB_orfOKcTXrKO3HUY1KxJq6MyPatdqSIdY1dxKP_mUY45RWSftevjaq9ZvrEWTDb3I_bg5QJXDu_Xpjo9lvxhPiWHujNZVuCGPIw7Y9aJFl0tsbRx6-Yn9eOMWrtpc_olDZgz6OEKILYtt76r5lKwy8133JLC5Gz8BoVx0yr7AfoMf1PmM3KWSFe9PUHogEawiO5agd3AbCvfngLq1GG9DVrhOMPq0LdZljD_isYxbA3m6C2ZNQWNtmoPV3gysOL6_NeSCknXeGG2IavMxPgfW871yTeWEMvFkCf64IovhhS04eZcmDtazgQ9wMevlWfY-MJu-_i6vM4HUKQ22oEiOsdVaQ9s3O5BjLCW0OMB9PTquvHc5YF7wveclN6t3q5PyJgi1-PnD-KQTqZ9PTT8eNgtlb1TCVYA-PRidm6GM8g7PEs=w500-no

GdGCrH6mZcurchwFT0TrcbVHyXhGh_jW5HW8Ehlt69yZkUuqNUheYnYo775FJOxfFe0GLQjUSK0E-t1UZmFoE2q6OyHvjm-hZy-HkiC2V_L7Z0LUMcRVHfBK695YU9QeUnCt9bd-pPcUXV7zL7ejEgtTO0G1Mqn_9TtnWF8YoSYiQgn1vihWMzmM6yFyQLheGQuNolWEIUEjA5S4vCLeANQ9Yoogm5Aw7RQBBFsK7Kk4iziAxYTXhs_lTFFp8AaI-e3v0J36XEDekxpD-N_KMwoyqhRNHTEP1-JdjjXrnc8JWGFoLSa9DnzafHRLVBDG00gZP-_3X-ZlSYXtGBG9AA-rLnCcCKr4FQP6Vhd0vCoUe2RZ7cB14P7o8hnsNwE31pgKvnNZOXRtJVts_BoAnPA7WZ-sNFN5DXoOjU2i8CoB-B7-ooy41zLwsrE0bvO88nLy3-UU1aa5UBI9g-7LdffSenFBTOnCIxeiuE-uVT2NB5BLMYdgwrhiLyV1gcXvhyM2kVFLGO4b86fTv2EmBimpCGtoSfEJNYfrZHPeISf19UZipqUzwGYZ1yLWKzxjO7cssCF8n3zrx8rEBpRkOOmEhNN0G3vhqdxeNV7HIoqsfgOm7XJ6BlP2ts6uoQEd46NLA_agng=w390-h293-no

I just went through this dance....my paint job was multi-color and had considerable detail. I was quoted $15,000 plus from paint shops in Monotana, Oregon and California.. I found a painter up in Penticton, BC (just across the US/Canadian border. Cost me $7,000....Walter did an excellent job (I get complements everywhere I go....he is not fast, but worth the wait.

Last edited:
I'm from Gilbert(Phoenix suburb). GLO did mine. They are worth the trip, and it's a pretty easy XC.

Glo custom

I second the glo custom recommendation. I had my RV12 painted there and my new RV 8 is currently in their shop. I am in Washington and did not hesitate to fly to Texas for a quality paint job. All part of the great experience of building an RV.

Cost

What is the average cost of 3 color paint scheme? Cost difference also in flying in vs parts only?

Don Copeland in Eloy is probably the best painter around imho.

Nice guy too. Certainly not cheap, but aircraft painting is a very labor intensive job. The materials/equipment cost alone are prob 2-3k min.

Does a lot of RV's. Has a backlog of work but does a decent job fitting RVs in.

I used the shop at Wickenburg. They advertised a simple two color scheme for $5500 in 2012. I opted for a custom Navy T-34 paint scheme that was $10,000.

Back