What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Balance

davestapa

My brother Keith and I flew the 10 from Calhoun, GA to south of Atlanta to Mallards Landing Saturday. We had Vic Syracuse balance the MT three blade prop. Vic was able to get it down to .01. Started at about .35. Flying home it was very smooth. Thanks Vic. Would highly recommend Vic for prop balancing. Easy process, took about an hour.

+1. Vic balanced my Hartzell and it was a major improvement.

My brother Keith and I flew the 10 from Calhoun, GA to south of Atlanta to Mallards Landing Saturday. We had Vic Syracuse balance the MT three blade prop. Vic was able to get it down to .01. Started at about .35. Flying home it was very smooth. Thanks Vic. Would highly recommend Vic for prop balancing. Easy process, took about an hour.

I found another value to prop balancing yesterday, when I was asked to do my neighbor's Cardinal. The balance was fine where it was - but we discovered that his tach was reading 150 rpm low! Old mechanical tach, certified balancer that of course knows the prop rpm perfectly. So we didn't touch his prop, but did build him a correction card for his tach.

Back