What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registering Your Homebuilt info

turbo

Well Known Member
does anyone have a link to process and forms for registering your homebuilt? thanks.

Is this packet from EAA worth it? What all is in it? Granted, $12 + S&H is pretty small beans, but at this point, every penny saved helps! :)

TIA

Steve

I bought the EAA kit and some of the forms were out of date. You can get all the info you need from the FAA website. Checkout AC 20-27G.

does anyone have a link to process and forms for registering your homebuilt? thanks.

Your DAR should be able to supply everything with the possible exception of the registration form (8050-1). That should be supplied by the FSDO. It's the only form that can't be downloaded. It is a "carbon copy" form.

I bought the EAA kit and some of the forms were out of date. You can get all the info you need from the FAA website. Checkout AC 20-27G.

I am surprised to hear that EAA would be sending out of date forms. Did you let them know? I got the packet back in 2008 and it was the best $12 I spent on the whole project. Follow the directions step-by-step, and you will have no paperwork foul ups. It also included a data plate, a black "Experimental" sticker, and a sheet of placard decals.

$.02 worth

Ed I sent the link to your email account yesterday morning. It details the steps and references the forms. I went to the FAA site and downloaded the most recent forms.
Phelps

I just registered mine, and cannot imagine anyone needing any help with the process, seems very simple and straight forward, not complicated at all. Airworthiness Cert now may be an entirely different matter.

Aircraft Registration Questin

I am in the process of filling out all the paperwork now. My question is I want to register my RV7A in the name of my 501c3 cooperation. Do I list the cooperation as the Aircraft Manufacturer, on the Aircraft Registration Application, or do I list my personal name, since I am the president of the cooperation, and the builder?

Turbo,

I have Form 8050-1's if you need one. However, any FBO worth their salt should have some laying around. Anyway, if you want to fly up for lunch tomorrow, we can sit around and fill one out. Or fly up anyway. I'll buy.

Pat

Back