What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Up North Aviation

ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I am putting a new panel in my RV-4. I was looking for someone to help me design the panel around my current instrumentation, then cut the panel for me. I ran across Bill Morelli of Up North Aviation in VT. I contacted Bill and told him what I was looking for, and he jumped on board.

Bill laid out my panel, making as many changes as I wanted, working until I was satisfied with the result. He sent full size drawings that I printed at Staples to check in the plane.

I sent him my Vans panel blank and he CNC cut it perfectly. His e-mail response was always quick, and his price for the work was very fair. Panel turnaround was only days.

I recommend Bill to anyone looking to have a new panel designed and cut.

Last edited:
Here at Up North Aviation, I pride myself in offering:

- Timely responses to your e-mails
- No additional charge for unlimited CAD design
- Rapid turn around of the panel fabrication
- Cost that is very reasonable.

If anyone would like additional information please visit my web site ( see below), check out the testimonials and contact me from the web site or from here at [email protected]

Last edited:
Excellent Service, Great Panel

I made a very complex panel for my RV8. It is jam packed with equipment behind the panel

Bill Morelli was great help to making this all work the first time. I had done some sketches, but Bill made them real. We went through several refinements of the panel. Bill picked up a lot of little details. For example, the radios need 0.040" between them to allow the extraction mechanism to work. And, of course, I changed my mind a couple times. Bill cheerfully incorporated the changes.

Between us, we designed a panel that can be removed from the RV8 for service. That is important- with all the wires, changing them from underneath would be a real pain.

The design work was excellent. The production was flawless. When I actually got the panel, it was exactly what I expected. Now that I am through installing equipment, I can attest that Bill's attention to detail was spot on.

Beadle%20RV-8.jpg

See more pictures:
CAD Drawing
Powered Up

+ 1 from me. Bill cut a panel for my RV6 that went through countless iterations as I constantly revised my layout and tweaked measurements. Bill responded instantly to each adjustment and I couldn't be happier with my new panel.

Craig

Excellent Service and Product

I had Bill at "Up North Aviation" cut my panel. I couldn't be more pleased with the friendly service I received and the product that was delivered. Bill worked with me each step of the way. I started off by giving him a drawing that I created in photoshop and he converted it to AutoCAD for me. Since I have very limited AutoCAD experience, this was a great help to me. Bill researched the make and model of each switch, light and instrument that was being installed in my panel to insure the proper size. As I have been installing my equipment, I'm constantly amazed how accurate each hole has been cut. I totally recommend "Up North Aviation".

+1 on Bill Morelli's service. Not only did he do a super job on my panel (including a number of in-progress changes), he has followed up with me on several occasions, to be sure that I continue to be satisfied with the results. Truth is, I couldn't be happier with it.

Good vendor, definitely focused on quality and customer satisfaction!

Regards,

Lee...

Another recommendation for Bill at Up North Aviation. He'll work through a design interactively. He's knowledgeable of the requirements with fast turn-around. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again for a panel.

Robin

Add my name to the thumbs up list for Bill. I'm just now populating and wiring instruments into the -8 panel that he cut for me but EVERYTHING FITS!!! Highly recommended.

Larry Scott
Hobbs, NM

RV-7 N712CT "La Otra Mujer" Flying
RV-8 In progress

Thumbs up for up North Aviation

I have to say that I was extremely pleased with the work of Up North Aviation. Bill, the owner, was easy to work with and very helpful. Bill went the extra mile to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. Not only was the price extremely reasonable but the results were much better than I could have ever produced on my own. I will never cut another panel on my own again. Highly recommend Up North Aviation.

Bryan Flood

Back